Session border controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

androidbaji

Feb 12, 2020
Is there any working SBC (session border controller) solution with fusionpbx? Has anyone implemented sbc with fusion?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Ask 10 different people what an SBC is and you will get 10 different answers.

I know you can look up Session Border Controller on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_border_controller
But in my opinion, an SBC isn't actually a thing, it is a name invented by marketing people to help them sell stuff.

If you specify exactly what you are trying to achieve, I'm sure you will get some guidance.

It sounds like you are concerned with security and are probably looking for more of a SIP proxy / firewall than a PBX, sure Freeswitch can make a capable proxy, but if that's the functionality you are looking for, have a look at Opensips.

androidbaji

Feb 12, 2020
Thanks Adrian
I am just looking for a solution to hide PBX topology, main purpose for SBC is to hide topology and add extra layer of security.

I have tested feeesbc with vitalpbx and it works well.

However with fusion, it is not behaving as expected, fusion is domain based and causes issue with I use sip domain in feeesbc..

For example if I send a call from feeesbc to fusion using IP address(fusion tenent domain is IP address) works ok.

How would you recommend to handle multiple domain in fusion, fusion works well directly using multiple domain as call terminates into fusion.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I don't know anything about freesbc, but I understand it can be configured as a back to back user agent, if this is the case then I guess all your fusion domains must resolve to a valid route-able IP address in order for the b2bua to initiate the call leg to Fusion.
I generally use a wildcard certificate from letsencrypt like *.mydomain.com then specify my tenents as:
tenant1.mydomain.com
tenant2.mydomain.com etc.

Also for inbound calls make sure the IP of freesbc is in your domains ACL as a CIDR eg. 10.9.8.7/32.

Have you looked at the topology hiding module in Opensips:
https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/topology_hiding.html

Status
Not open for further replies.