Setting distinctive ring in dialplan, not Ring group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moc

Apr 26, 2021
Looking for help in setting 'distinctive ring' for internal calls.
No problem setting it with call groups but can't use callgroups for this solution for other reasons.

Can I use the xml code to force the use of a distinctive ring called "internal-extension" for all extension to extension calls (extension numbers between 200 and 286)
The Yealink handsets already have a ring defined for "internal-extension" wwhich works if I use a callgroup

I thought a dialplan with
<extension name="Internal_calls" continue="true" >
<condition field="caller_id_number" expression="^(2[0-8](0-6)$" break="on-false"/>
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^(2[0-8](0-6)$" break="on-false">
<action application="export" data="distinctive_ring_tones.internal-extension"/>
</condition>
</extension>

But this is all new to me and I am obviously missing something.
Any help gratefully received
Thanks
Mark

flagman

Dec 1, 2020
this works for me with yealink phones

action > export > alert_info=ringtone-Ring1.wav

1635572537691.png

moc

Apr 26, 2021
Hi flagman,
Thanks for that, unfortunately , not working for me.
I tried
action export alert_info=ringtone-Ring3.wav

If you get a chance to post the complete dialplan, maybe I can spot what I am doing wrong.

I also found a thread suggesting:
action > export >distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.1.ringer = 3
but that didn't work either?
Thanks
Mark

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
alert-into.PNG

I've done it this way, just after the call direction is set. As the default provisioning templates set the Yealink alert_info strings, this works if FusionPBX provisioned the phones.

moc

Apr 26, 2021
View attachment 2624

I've done it this way, just after the call direction is set. As the default provisioning templates set the Yealink alert_info strings, this works if FusionPBX provisioned the phones.
Thanks hfoster,
Yes this worked for me too with the yealink
("internal-extension" ringtone is defined on the handset)

Not working for my fanvil phones so I will lookinto something wrong with the provisioning.
Many thanks

1635808339681.png

tyryko

Jul 12, 2017
If it helps I have noticed with Polycom phones anyway I had to use:
sip_h_Alert-Info=internal

I think the alert info may be slightly different with every manufacture but even others that I have found over the years have shown alert_info but at some point years ago when trying to get it to work someone had posted the sip_h_Alert-Info= and it has worked for me.

I haven't tried alert_info recently so maybe something changed, I just like to post it in case someone was struggling like me.

Thanks hfoster,
Yes this worked for me too with the yealink
("internal-extension" ringtone is defined on the handset)

Not working for my fanvil phones so I will lookinto something wrong with the provisioning.
Many thanks

View attachment 2627

Status
Not open for further replies.