Shared Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Fox

Mar 21, 2018
I can think of a few scenarios where this would be useful, but is a fairly simple one. I'd like to have two devices, using seperate extensions, share single voicemail box.

For the question sake, let's say ext 201 is the primary with the voicemail box configured and ext 202 is the other extension that want's to access the same voicemail. I'm aware that I can use *98 and enter the voicemail box number and then pin code to access messages. I want to allow the end-user of 202 to access the voicemail without having to enter the extension. I'm thinking this can be done by creating a new feature code in the dial plan that sets the voicemail box id instead of using the caller id of the device.

Unfortunately, I've had no luck getting this to work... any thoughts?

simcard

Jan 22, 2017
Hi Craig,

We're working through this one at the moment (and have attempted to do the same in the past) and we're not having much luck.

Like you, we're able to allow the user to call the shared voicemail and login (they prefer password access on all their phones for VM, so that bit is Ok for us - I can't offer any tips there), however the MWI is the bit that's stumping us.

Have done the rounds on google and the mailing lists/forums and can't find anyone that's indicated they've got it working.

Most of the information on other PBX sytstem's I came across seemed to suggest the platform had to support Shared VM and MWI. I wonder if Freeswitch/Fusionpbx is capable of supporting it?

TheOperator

Nov 30, 2016
Bavaria, Germany
The dialplan already accepts *98[ext] in current FPBX versions. Master has is for quite a while now. Depending on your phone, you might need to modify the provisioning template to use *98[ext] to access voicemail instead of *97.

For Yealink I have this in my {mac}.cfg for each line as needed:

## ranges from 1 to 6;
##account.X.advanced.timer_t1 = 0.5
##voice_mail.number.X =
{if isset($voice_mail_number_line_1)}
voice_mail.number.1 = {$voice_mail_number_line_1}
{else}
voice_mail.number.1 = {$voicemail_number}
{/if}

Then define "voice_mail.number.X" for each line in the "Settings" section of the devices.

simcard

Jan 22, 2017
Cheers TheOperator;

We got that bit working Ok, but we're more interested in the MWI in a share mailbox scenario. Have you have any luck with that?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Though I have not tried this yet, I do recall it working years ago, there is a setting in extensions advanced settings:sharedmwi.jpg

Jonathan R.

Nov 3, 2017
I've use what digidaz is refering to, it works.

Just type in ext@domain (replace by yours values)

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
How do you then ass this under a key though ? is the value entered under key the same ?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Maybe you can, I haven't tried it. I would expect this overrides the default MWI indicator on the phone that is already there.

Len

Mar 8, 2017
I believe the original question was to "add" another voicemail to monitor in addition to the users primary box. This brings two challenges. 1- how to subscribe to "multiple" MWI and turn on separate BLF (1 the default 2 a dss key) 2- how to speed dial *98 and wait for answer to speed dial mailbox digits

Craig Fox

Mar 21, 2018
To paraphrase the original question, "Is is possible to have a single monitor for two voicemail separate voicemail boxes and have either set the MWI on the phone."

Another solution may be to have the original voicemail message sent to two voicemail boxes (directories) on the pbx. This would remove and "interface" questions about access the voicemail system, speed dial, or dss keys.

I may be wrong, but enrolling the MWI is a system function has has little to do with the phone.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
To paraphrase the original question, "Is is possible to have a single monitor for two voicemail separate voicemail boxes and have either set the MWI on the phone."

Another solution may be to have the original voicemail message sent to two voicemail boxes (directories) on the pbx. This would remove and "interface" questions about access the voicemail system, speed dial, or dss keys.

I may be wrong, but enrolling the MWI is a system function has has little to do with the phone.

@Craig Fox I think you are on the right track here. I also believe, though I have seen no talk of it recently, there definitely WAS an ability to do this in FusionPBX at one time.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
Could you configure a key as BLF with a value of *98[ext] ? That's how we do it under FreePBX currently.

Len

Mar 8, 2017
That is the issue. You can not (or atleast its not documented how to) 1 - configure BLF for MWI subscription 2- configure BLF/Speed dial with a pause for entering mailbox number after answer. Both seem to be Yealink issue rather than Fusionpbx. In Asterisk though you can custom configure "hints" for anything BLF related.

For instance, if I want a BLF to light up when specific trunk or even IVR is in use. With Astersik I can easily turn on a "hint" as active before that trunk or IVR goes into use. I then have a phone BLF subscribe to that hint status. I believe parking with Fusionpbx (park+*5901 etc ) works similar but can not figure out how to apply to other statuses

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
On the latest yealink T5 series firmware you can configure a DSS key to subscribe to any voicemail box and the DSS key will indicate how many unread voicemails are in that VM Box and will flash when there is more than 1.

To subscribe use the "Voicemail" DSS and the value <exten>@<domain>

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
That is the issue. You can not (or atleast its not documented how to) 1 - configure BLF for MWI subscription 2- configure BLF/Speed dial with a pause for entering mailbox number after answer. Both seem to be Yealink issue rather than Fusionpbx. In Asterisk though you can custom configure "hints" for anything BLF related.

For instance, if I want a BLF to light up when specific trunk or even IVR is in use. With Astersik I can easily turn on a "hint" as active before that trunk or IVR goes into use. I then have a phone BLF subscribe to that hint status. I believe parking with Fusionpbx (park+*5901 etc ) works similar but can not figure out how to apply to other statuses
I know I am almost three years late here, but I am searching for all this and one of the results was this thread.
I too am looking to have BLF indicate whether a voicemail box has an unread voicemail or not, along with whether time conditions are met or not (active or not). I have it implemented in FreePBX and would love to be able to do it in Fusion. I added time conditions to phones because I would configure it incorrectly and calls would not come through. Having the BLF would tell me the status and whether or not calls flowed through.

Any luck with this?

Len

Mar 8, 2017
You can use call flow. Often used for Day Night Mode but can also be used to toggle forward etc.
see https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/applications/call_flows.html

For the BLF part, there are 2 way to handle this
1 - Monitor - ignore SUBSCRIBE and just send NOTIFY each X seconds
2 - Event handler - handle each SUBSCRIBE request

in /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/lua.conf.xml

<param name="startup-script" value="call_flow_monitor.lua"/>
<param name="startup-script" value="call_flow_subscribe.lua"/>

For just monitoring I think you can use <param name="startup-script" value="call_flow_monitor.lua"/>

Reactions: ict2842

johnny

Apr 10, 2020
Does anyone know if this feature has been added yet. We just setup 2 park BLFs and they work flawlessly by using the park+*5901 for Park 1 and park+*5902 for Park 2

We need to do the same for 2 General Voicemail boxes.

Something like mail+*98[ext]

for example to monitor voicemail box 901 for incoming messages we could use mail+*98901.

When one arrives it will light up the BLF so everyone knows.

tfernandez

Oct 31, 2019
Does anyone know if this feature has been added yet. We just setup 2 park BLFs and they work flawlessly by using the park+*5901 for Park 1 and park+*5902 for Park 2

We need to do the same for 2 General Voicemail boxes.

Something like mail+*98[ext]

for example to monitor voicemail box 901 for incoming messages we could use mail+*98901.

When one arrives it will light up the BLF so everyone knows.
Hi Johnny,

I have recently created a PR for this feature to be implemented in FusionPBX. Keep an eye out for this to hopefully be merged.

These changed can also be implemented in your existing FusionPBX instance if you'd like to try it now without withing for the merge or needing to upgrade.

Edit: This implementation uses voicemail+[ext] as the BLF value.
Edit 2: This PR has been merged today and can be used if you upgrade your FusionPBX to latest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.