Show Callee's name on internal ext-to-ext calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
Hi All,

I have a FusionPBX 4.4.3 install on FS 1.8.5 (Debian 9). - Mix of Yealink T42S/T46S and Polycom IP335/IP450

I just have a query with internal extension to extension dialing. When dialing internal from 1 phone to another the reeving phone can see both extension number and name but the 'Caller' only see the extension number they are dialing (no name)

Is there any way to make this happen easily? Any help is appreciated.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
On Yealink using the built in Remote Directory for extensions, my phone does a look up against the extension and shows the name of the person I'm calling.
So long as the Extension has the correct Effective Caller ID Name, it will also show the right name.

Not sure if that's an option you could look at.

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
On Yealink using the built in Remote Directory for extensions, my phone does a look up against the extension and shows the name of the person I'm calling.
So long as the Extension has the correct Effective Caller ID Name, it will also show the right name.

Not sure if that's an option you could look at.

HI James, thanks for your input. I'm trying to achieve this without relying on remote directory as the customers internal extension numbers/names can change on a regular basis. See the below thread for what I've tried so far, I seem to have got it working on Polycom phones, just not Yealink

https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/effective_caller_id_name-set-to-dialed-name.2845/

Status
Not open for further replies.