Show orginal CallerID when forwarding to Mobile Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkStar

Jun 16, 2017
Hi

Could anyone point me into the right direction what to change to have the original caller ID forwarded to the mobile phone the extension has set?

More details:

$OG-CallerID calls extension 200, extension 200 has a forward set to his Mobile Phone (not on the PBX), instead of seeing the $OG-CallerID on his phone, he can only see his own Outbound Caller ID number calling him.

Our provider allows sending other numbers.

Thanks!

rbrar

Sep 25, 2019
Hi @FunkStar, Have tried the Caller ID in From in Gateway Settings -> Advanced. Restart the gateway after making this change. Let me know if it helps.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 37

FunkStar

Jun 16, 2017
Hi rbrar, I expanded the advanced gateway settings and the "Caller ID In From" was already set to "true".

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
Hey FunkStar I actually never quite got this working myself but I think a big part of it has to do with whether you have the CallerID set statically in the outbound route.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
if you want the origional callers number to show when forwarding to a mobile for example then firstly ensure your sip trunk supplier has allowed CLI flexibility, then when you are sure this is active goto your gateway and under advanced set caller-id in from to true and set CID type to either pid or rpid, this works as i use it all the time...

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
PS it has nothing to do with the caller id on your gateway ... as that should follow whats set on your extension...

Reactions: JamesBorne
Status
Not open for further replies.