sip contain sms/message

Status
Not open for further replies.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Long time listener, first time caller.

Many phones have a 'messaging' application. Within this application you could (painstakingly) send a text message to another phone/extension on the server. You can also do this with more ease through the phone's embedded webpages. How could I send a text message to phone/extension within a dialplan (best option), from command line, or from fs_cli? yealinks documentation displaying sip info on this attached. Any help understanding the edit of the sip data to accomplish this is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-03 092526.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-03 092526.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 21

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You'll probably have to get funky with sipp: https://github.com/SIPp/sipp

FreeSwitch doesn't really have a simple way of sending arbitrary messages afaik. Everything is hidden behind commands like uuid_hangup, etc.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
@hfoster, thank you for finding that. I have tried that previously and I have not been successful in getting the message to appear for the extension. fs_cli says 'Sent' but I see nothing else. dialplan tools is enable and is running. Would you be so kind as to give it a go from fs_cli to see if you can get a message to appear on the phone/extension when you have a free moment?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Looks like another classic case of bad documentation, I got it working. Apparently you need to specify the profile before the username with a slash.

Code:
freeswitch@pbx.example.com> chat sip|1000@pbx.example.com|internal/1001@pbx.example.com|Hello

Reactions: cemotyz09
Status
Not open for further replies.