SIP Provider - Best worldwide...best in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Who would you recommend to use as a VOIP provider (in Europe in particular or worldwide in general)? I ask because I'm based in Europe and currently use Voip.ms, I have issues with their Caller-ID to most countries in Europe, even though I've set all my caller-id settings as they recommended. I also see some companies in the US offer packages where you can make unlimited international calls, but this is with use of their proprietary hardware for home users, is there anything equivalent for PBX use?

pacmen

May 13, 2018
I know 4 month been passed but it worth it.

You can use Sonetel.com, base in Sweden probably the best in price world wide, i mange to sip trunk them but i don't have DID number yet in my account.

they are super documented and have answer to 90% of the questions.

good luck, i would like to help if i can.

Last edited:

pacmen

May 13, 2018
Do you have provide German Did number
I've looked for you and it seems like that they do provide did number in Germany in few cities.
Take a look in their site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180516-120259.jpg
    Screenshot_20180516-120259.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

smn

Jul 18, 2017
Voip.ms is more of a retail type service than wholesale. They are trying to charge extra for all the PBX features they are adding but if you are using FusionPBX then you don't need those, except for maybe SMS. You can get cheaper minutes elsewhere on more enterprise oriented wholesale services that are more suited for PBX use.

I am starting to use Telnyx quite a bit. They have European PoPs and sell European DIDs. Also look into AnveoDirect. I believe they use VoxBone for DIDs and VoxBone is based in Belgium. Anveo has very inexpensive DIDs if you don't buy enough to get volume discounts from Telnyx. They are also media direct and allow you to choose which carriers you want to use for outbound. Telnyx is different in that they use their own private managed network for voice transit. So theoretically not as vulnerable to any net neutrality shenanegans by ISP's and better for long haul calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: pacmen
Jan 30, 2018
I use AnveoDirect here in Canada and it has worked well so far. They have a Geo PoP in NY and so far so good. Setup was a bit different because they do not have just a SIP login option to link FusionPBX to AnveoDirect. Instead you have to set it up with a calling string and paraphrase. But now that I have done it, it is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.