Skip if agent is busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeetz

Oct 15, 2019
Hi,

Anyone has this script if 10 agents are logged in and 2 are on the call, then those 2 won't be disturbed for next call, only the 8 agents would get a call, freepbx has this by the name of "Skip agent if busy."

Jeet.

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
What are you using to emulate "Agents" environment? Call Centre Queue, FIFO Queue or Ring Group?
All three can act as "Agents".

Ring Group you can set greeting to state "This call may be recorded ..." then set ringback as MoH. You could set strategy as Simultaneous or Rollover which should skip busy agents, theoretically. I use Enterprise as it allows Follow-Me on extensions. You could try setting as Sequence, Rollover or Random.
If you are using Ring Groups, set a delay on the two who have high volume calls so the others receive before them and use either Enterprise or Simultaneous strategy.

As for Call Centre Queue, use the Queue Strategies such as "Longest Idle" or "Agent with least Talk Time" or "Agent with Fewest Calls". You can also use the "Sequential by Agent Order/By Next Agent Order". Alternatively you can set Tier levels and put the two as higher Tier then create Tier Rules.

If you are using FIFO Queues, well I never used them nor do I know anyone who does.
Check FreeSwitch documentation as you might have to access Dialplan -> Dialplan Manager -> extension_queue and add a condition for skip_busy.
There might be something similar as the callcenter_mod strategies.

Also, "Skip agent if busy" on FreePBX or Grandstream UCM, Yeastar whichever uses Asterisk, Ring Group skips anyone on a call, so if you want those with high volume of received calls to be skipped it won't work unless they are on a call, thus a "busy here" is being sent.

I'd recommend using the Call Centre Queues as they are more flexible and can do more than Ring Groups.
Follow-Me, however, does not work on those, unless you figure out how to use loopback and hope that'll work.

Call Waiting can be set on the Phone, under Extensions setting to Limit Max to 1. This will mean no Internal calls if busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.