Skyetel SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbx123

Aug 14, 2018
I'm trying to get SMS working with FusionPBX (current master). I can curl to Skyetel and send a message, but FusionPBX gives me two errors: Can't find registered user and Not sending message to ourselves!. I setup the SID and Secret in defaults. Does it need an api_url added as well?. Skyetel supports FusionPBX, but it's not in the list of carriers, so I added it into defaults. Has anyone got FusionPBX SMS to work with Skyetel?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I have SMS with Skyetel working but keep in mind future updates can and will likely break current functions.

SMS is one of the "to-dos" before the next release. Some of the changes needed to make other carriers work will quite likely change from current settings.

In Skyetel portal SMS settings:
Forward= Callback URL
URL= https://pbx.mydomain.com/app/messages/index.php?key=MyLongFusionpbxMessageKey
Method=POST

The "Message Key" comes from the "User" settings of the user with access to the telephone number you want SMS to work with.

In Fusion Default Settings:

1570043629059.png

pbx123

Aug 14, 2018
Thanks so much. I set up those parameters, but still getting "Can't find registered user" xxx@xxxx.xxxxx (xxx=phone number of sms recipient) in the logs. Do you by chance have a copy of the apps/sms/carrier_sms_hooks.php file you use for Skyetel? Skyetel isn’t listed in the carriers. I tried twillio and the others, but didn’t fix the issue. I can receive sms on the phone, just can’t send.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The above info works with app/messages as found in Master branch. Look closely at the URL in Skyetel info above.
I don't have the other SMS app installed. That is a whole different animal.

pbx123

Aug 14, 2018
Thanks, appreciate the help. The messages app logs the received sms's, just can't send via the phone or messages app. I'll keep searching and post if I get the solution.

Jon Clark

Mar 9, 2017
Thanks, appreciate the help. The messages app logs the received sms's, just can't send via the phone or messages app. I'll keep searching and post if I get the solution.
Did you ever find a solution for sending SMS with the softphone app? I am able to receive messages but I can not send any messages. I can, however, send messages directly from the messages app in Fusion.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
Has anyone ever gotten this to work? I have skyetel and a couple customers would like to utilize SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.