sms on fusionpbx with skyatel or flowroute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nktech1135

Dec 16, 2017
us
Does anyone have this working with the messages app on current fusion master?
If so, do i need to do anything besides set the values in default settings? and make sure routes exist of course?

Thanks.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I have skyetel sms working with messages app. It isn’t truly ready for production use yet and the app is supposed to get an overhaul in the near future.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
I have SMS working with the messages app using Skyetel as well.. it's an okay solution, but has a lot of room for improvement. Like @ad5ou said, it's not production ready by any means but I do have a few of our customers using it that have been persistent in us providing an SMS solution, so it's better than nothing for now.

Set up requires you generating your API key in Skyetel and setting the proper values under the Message setting in Default Settings.

You also need to create a user account where SMS messages will be directed to in Fusion PBX and generate an API key for that as well.

Finally, enable SMS on your DID in Skyetel, set the forward option to Callback URL. Your URL format would be: https://tenant.yourdomain.com/app/messages/index.php?key=YOUR-USER-API-KEY&provider=skyetel and your method would be POST.

Last edited:

nktech1135

Dec 16, 2017
us
Thanks.
That's what i wanted to know.
We probably don't know when the messages app is getting it's overhaul?

Status
Not open for further replies.