Softphone push registration not terminating on new call

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl1604

Nov 23, 2018
Good day friends

New to the freeswitch world. I have FusionPBX installed on Debian.

We have purchased a softphone application and it uses push notifications.

Internal SIP Profile:
Softphone register and push server registers as app is closed. Once a call comes in the app opens and reregisters but the PUSH SERVER registration remains and RTP is sent to that registration.
External SIP Profile:
Softphone register but no audio. However when app is closed, PUSH server registers, once call is received, PUSH registration gets terminated, but still no audio.

I have been searching everywhere for SIP profile parameter guides but am at a loss.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
FusionPBX normally works OK with default configuration for soft phones using a push service. We use several push services, but mostly Bria at present and on an inbound call the phone registers and the push service un-registers as you describe.

I would start looking at issues/solutions with/for your soft phone setup rather than with FusionPBX, for example is the push service actually sending a un-register request (that is a register request with an Expires header set to zero)? When the push service registers, does it provide the correct information in the Contact header? Is your PBX behind a NAT, does the push service need to send keep alives? The list of questions could go on and on...

carl1604

Nov 23, 2018
Hi Adrian,

Thank you for the quick response and really appreciate any help offered.

So the push server register/deregister process works fine with the external profile but not with the internal profile. Internal profile the push server does not deregister.

So based on your comments I suspect i find myself in NAT-hell. Unfortunately as advised I am new to the platform as I am looking to migrate our existing hosted "ASTERISK" servers to fusionpbx as the platform is just so much more accommodating.

So I am trying to resolve any NAT issues first.

Status
Not open for further replies.