SOLVED FusionPBX and Twilio: Cannot receive calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

noopykat

Sep 25, 2023
Hello!

I have setup an install on Deb 12 using a single NIC on a separate VLAN on our network with a dedicated router with a external static IP.

I have my gateway working, I have a registered phone but I cannot get any calls in no matter what settings I change. I have the following setup:
  1. NIC has a 10.12.1.250 address and is connected to a router that has a static external IP
  2. I have a DNS record pointing to pbx.tld.com which resolves to the external IP
  3. I have disabled the internal SIP profile as there are no devices on that network
  4. The external SIP profile has the ports changed to 5060 and 5061 as Twilio doesn't use 5080/5081
  5. I created an extension and username for myself with an inbound route going to my extension
  6. ACLs are setup with Twilio's IPs and the router is allowing all ports from those IPs
  7. All phone traffic goes out through the internet to a separate network hosting FusionPBX
  8. phone is on 192.168.30.x and PBX is on 10.12.1.x
Inbound calls fail with a "Call Failed" from my cellphone BUT outbound calls work fine.

I have our main DID set to forward to my desk phone (Ext 202) and the action in the inbound routes shows:

action transfer 202 XML 10.12.1.250

If I change it to 202 XML PBX.TLD.COM the call goes to my voicemail, i can leave a message and my phone shows the voicemail which I can listen to but the phone never rings.

Am I missing something in the inbound routes or is there a setting I forget to turn on?

Thanks in advance!

noopykat

Sep 25, 2023
After a couple of hours playing around with settings for the inbound routes, I was able to figure it out.

I will post my solution today for anyone who's interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.