[SOLVED] IP Auth Based Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferret

Mar 28, 2022
Hi All,

I have built fresh install of FusionPBX with 2 NICs, one public facing and the other facing SIP Trunk Provider via private address with static route to their SBC.

I am attempting to create gateway on default domain with proxy pointing to SBC IP Address and register set to false but am unable to obtain register status. I tried both internal & external but still no joy.

SIP provider instructed me to;
The remote device on the CTS trunk will be receiving SIP OPTION messages from AAPT SIP server on a regular basis, please respond with 200 OK to bring the trunk up. Let me know if you need further information.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
When connecting to a SIP provider, use the external profile. Add the providers IP/IP range to the ACL (domains), I think this name has changed in the later version of Fusion, it may be called provider.

If you have set the gateway register to false then the registration status will be "NOREG". FreeSWITCH will respond to your providers OPTIONS ping, but you must make sure you have given them the correct IP address and port to send to.

You should be able to use sngrep to see what is happening to the SIP messages both in and out.

ferret

Mar 28, 2022
Many thanks for your response Adrian.

The "NOREG" is confusing....

It seems that the issue is that the Freeswitch is not listening on the NIC that is directly connect to SIP providers, so modified external SIP profile to listen on private /30 subnet

I have 2 NIC's
1) SIP Trunk Provider of a /30 private address subnet and static route to their SBC (I can ping gateway and SBC)
2) Is for PBX and external public IP for remote handsets, which is NAT'd through Firewall.

SNGREP still not reporting register.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.35.23 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.35.23 pm.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.26.09 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.26.09 pm.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.25.49 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.25.49 pm.png
    253.1 KB · Views: 8

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I'm confused - why would you expect to see a register when you have set register to false? Calls should just be delivered to the IP.

ferret

Mar 28, 2022
Okay, understood.

Anyway, everything is now working perfectly, I am able to make outbound calls and receive inbound calls.

I was using another PBX and it show IP Auth gateway was registered, in fact I agree with you, maybe there should be another status....say....ONLINE, what do you think, because if one can have outbound & inbound calls then that gateway is IP Auth and online?

Again, many thanks for your kind support.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.