[SOLVED] Set codec for gateway/destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

goose2600

Dec 18, 2018
Hi to all, I configured a conference room but cannot receive calls because mod_g729 is only usable in passthrough mode and cannot transcode. So freeswitch end the call because cannot ask the user for a pin.

I made some tests (like set "Codec Preferences" in the gateway config), but cannot find a way to set the codec for a specific gateway/destination (the gateway is used only for transfering inbound calls to the conference room).

Could someone help me please?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You can modify your dial plans to set absolute codec
Code:
<action application="set" data="absolute_codec_string=PCMU,GSM"/>
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/myprovider/5551231234"/>

goose2600

Dec 18, 2018
@ad5ou
Thaks, but I do not found how to bridge a call to a local extension.
In the dialplan I use
Code:
<action application="transfer" data="5000 XML domanin.net"/>

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You may be able to use the same set statement or possibly use "export" before the transfer line.
Otherwise you would need to add the set statement somewhere in the "domain.net" dial plans. It could be added to one of the "variable" dial plans in most installations or in the "local_extension" dial plan before the bridge statement.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I don't understand where you are going with this because unless all conference users are using g729 then it still will not work because you need transcoding. Why don't you either just get some licences or install the open version of the codec?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@DigitalDaz Probably I didn't explain what I need: I just would like to force PCMA codec for the conference gateway, but the only way I found is to unload mod_g729.

Edit: I managed to load mod_bcg729 from here: http://repo.sip247.com/debian/, so my problem is gone.

What version of Freeswitch is that? I wasn't aware my repo still worked for the latest. Its good to know if it does. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.