Sopfia Profile Two different IPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agha

Jan 21, 2021
I am looking to connect extensions over internet
can i configure Sofia Internal profile IP to a Public internet IP, and configure Sofia external profile to my voice provider IP
i want my extensions to connect from internet and receive calls from voice number provided by my voice service.

Last edited:

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Yes, of course you can. Both internal and external profiles can use the same public IP as long as they are on different ports, they are by default (5060 and 5080).
If your FusionPBX is going to be behind a NAT, then you will have a little more work to do, but there is plenty of documentation available.

Agha

Jan 21, 2021
Yes, of course you can. Both internal and external profiles can use the same public IP as long as they are on different ports, they are by default (5060 and 5080).
If your FusionPBX is going to be behind a NAT, then you will have a little more work to do, but there is plenty of documentation available.
I want to use different IPs for internal profile a.b.c.d(internet IP) & external u.x.y.z Voice Service IPs and there is not NAT.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Ok, it is fairly straight forward for you then, just set the sip-ip, rtp-ip and ext-sip-ip and ext-rtp-ip directly to whatever you need in the SIP Profiles:

Note: the variables that look similar to $${local_ip_v4} are just FreeSWITCH variables, in this case the local IPv4 address that it has detected on startup. Be sure to read both the FusionPBX and FreeSWITCH manuals, it will make life much easier.
Screenshot from 2021-01-25 19-02-57.png

Agha

Jan 21, 2021
I have registered extensions over internet. I cannot get inbound calls(when i dial destination number there is no tone)
if i have to make additional sip profiles, please share how and if i am on right track kindly help me out

Attachments

• SIP Profiles external Mtech Destination.JPG
    SIP Profiles external Mtech Destination.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 3
  • SIP Profiles Mtech Destination.JPG
    SIP Profiles Mtech Destination.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 3
  • SIP Profiles Mtech.JPG
    SIP Profiles Mtech.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.