Speed Dials or emergency services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telex

Apr 21, 2021
Hello everyone,

Can you please guide me through setting up two types of routes.

1. I think I am right in here,but please correct me if I am wrong, I want to setup 911 , 311 & other three digit services route plan.
I found there is an option in the outbound dialing where I can select 3 digit dialing & it selects the destination gateway.
But 311 & 811 has a 10 digit number attached with it.How Can I configure to dial 311 & the switch actually dials XXX XXX XXXX so as other services,these are for Global domain.

2. Speed dials for extension dial 11 & it dials XXX XXX XXXX & it does not interfere with Global routes of the switch.

Thanks in advance,

Reactions: tucanico

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
X11 dialing has a few regex presets for 3,4,7, and 911. Create a new outbound route for each service you want to add as usual then edit the bridge action data in newly created route.
For example the 411 route will have a condition of ^(411)$. Normally the bridge action would end up looking like sofia/gateway/<my gateway>/$1. Change the “$1” part to the actual number you want to dial for the service
sofia/gateway/myTFgateway/18003733411

Not sure what you mean regarding the other speed dials

Telex

Apr 21, 2021
Thanks,
I tried, it dials but it dials 311 from the gateway,Gateway has it's own 311 set to a different city from provider.
It doesn't dial the number I put in.
I tried via 311 Regex & 3 digit dialing as well but still dials gateway 311.

Speed dial I mean to abbreviated dialing.
customer dials 1 switch dials XXX XXX XXXX.

I am using voip switch brand & that has internal routes creating a route tells the switch which number to dial,

Telex

Apr 21, 2021
Thanks, working now,I used 311 Regex here.

Now question is Can I create new route as the same way,means customer's (elderly customer)requirement is to dial 1 & switch that dials XXX XXX XXXX.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Here is a screenshot of my 411 dial plan. 311 and others are the same except the phone number dialed.
1623268347874.png

The system does have a "speed_dial" app/dialplan that by default uses *0<+speed dial number> Those speed dial numbers are assigned in Applications>Contacts

You can also create your own simple dial plan to handle manipulating the digits dialed but that can get tricky real fast depending on the number of users and/or speed dials needed. With just a single digit speed dial, you will be limited to a maximum of 10 speed dials (technically 11 since a * can typically be dialed) You could take the example screen shot above and change the destination_number condition to ^1$ and the bridge data to number desired.

The regex of ^1$ will only match calls with a single "1" as the number dialed, then the bridge statement will have to specify the number to actually call

Telex

Apr 21, 2021
Thanks,
Now I have different issue,
Everything works on my network with no issue.
But between two different networks ,I am not getting any voice from either side.
Ring happens but no ring back tone.
After receiving the call,it connects but no voice on any call regardless if it's a gateway or local extension.

Please help here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.