SQL ERROR Connection Refused FusionPBX Server and GUI is Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seglaf

Jan 21, 2019
This morning I found out one of our servers we use is showing this error when anyone tries to access the GUI. No updates, no adjustments, and no new changes were made between yesterday and today so no sure what triggered this and have never seen this error on any other server before.

"error: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"
(Server Stats : Debian 11 server using FreeSwitch 1.10.7 + Fusionpbx 5.0.3)

No calls are working and the server shows to be down by our upstream carrier.

I found a few posts about this and all say to adjust the postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf files.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...r-connection-refused-error-when-connecting-to
But this doesn't seem to make a difference and these files were working fine just yesterday. I've restarted postgresql, freeswitch, fail2ban, and the entire server but nothing seems to fix this.

I rolled things from this server to a backup one in the mean time but I need to know how to fix this asap as I'm not sure how it was caused in the first place.

Anyone have any ideas of what might of caused this? How would you go about fixing this connection refusal? Thank you.

Seglaf

Jan 21, 2019
FIXED!

Turns out that the server somehow got to 100% disk usage over the weekend.

After getting this way down by removing some files I was able to successfully reboot FreeSwitch and PSQL. I also removed the changes that the Stack Overflow form recommended as they were not needed at all to fix this.

I've seen servers hit 100% capacity before but it never caused any crashes like this one.

Hope this helps someone someday.

Reactions: wouam31
Status
Not open for further replies.