sqlite DB for clustering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shibarr

Oct 5, 2022
I've been going through the forum and I see people converting sqlite to postgres expecially for freeswitch clustering.

Also, I see people mentioning about deleting sqlite DB and use tmpfs and restarting freeswitch to rebuild the DB. I'm not sure how sqlite DB gets rebuilt, but if this is the case, why do we need to convert to postgres? It sounds like each freeswitch instance can independently have it's own sqlite DB while postgres DB can be synced between the clusters.

Can someone clue me in how sqlite supposed to work in regards to freeswitch clustering. Thanks.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
I really wouldn't even try it. We hit something like 500 registrations with SQLite and we ended up with a week of me trying to figure out why the FreeSWITCH process kept stopping and starting accepting SIP packets. In the end, it was the multiple conflicting locks that would cascade into a total failure. I can only imagine that gets worse trying to share the same single file around a number of FreeSWITCH instances. More fool me for not reading the warning text on the installation page. You can mitigate it by putting it on a RAM drive or fast SSD, but it doesn't 'solve' the problem.

Personally, I'm not even sure why the default configuration for FusionPBX uses SQLite to begin with. It's not like it saves anything, as we still need it for the FusionPBX database anyway.

Also, I need to mess around trying to put the mod_callcenter into PostgreSQL too, as it always bugs me the core is there but not one of the important mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.