Stable Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaheed

Jan 30, 2021
Hello to everybody :)

this is my first post and I hope to do well.

I'm a newbie in FusionPBX and need to know how to install other branches of that.

Code:
cd /usr/src && git clone https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh.git

that script clone the master branch and I want to install Active or Stable branch.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
That is the active branch, as sad as it sounds, the last thing you want to be using is the stable branch, its completely unstable adn full of security holes. Welcome to the world of FusionPBX. :)

Reactions: yukon

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
We have forgotten what a stable version looks like. The whole world and his dog are eagerly awaiting V4.6, which we hope will be the next stable version.

Reactions: yukon

ou812

Nov 2, 2016
We have forgotten what a stable version looks like. The whole world and his dog are eagerly awaiting V4.6, which we hope will be the next stable version.
I just came back to Fusionpbx a couple weeks ago to give it another try, install went fine moved 10 phone and a sip trunk over and it's working good for about a week, have I commetted to soon is this current version prodiuction ready, I was just starting to really like this.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I just came back to Fusionpbx a couple weeks ago to give it another try, install went fine moved 10 phone and a sip trunk over and it's working good for about a week, have I commetted to soon is this current version prodiuction ready, I was just starting to really like this.
Many of us do have the a master branch version in production, not the very latest, but a version, that, as an individual, we trust through our own testing.

I don't think anyone is comfortable with the current situation, but FusionPBX remains a great product and we keep contributing to it through code submissions, bug reports, feature requests, and membership fees.

gmaruzz

Feb 22, 2019
I've found the master version completely reliable
True, it could be a nice thing to just freeze it as it is, call it "stable", and only backport security fix to it (if any)
But, for any uses and purposes, I found master to be reliable.

gmaruzz

Feb 22, 2019
A freeze, and a rename to "stable", could just add some more peace of mind, to whom is content with current features and is okay with waiting up to a couple years for upgrading to next "stable" version, with all new features will be implemented in mean time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.