Telnyx E911

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Have been playing with this for a day or so. I am basically trying to be able to call 933 to make sure my E911 is setup properly. I have the outbound route at 100 and it is setup for 911 and 933. Telnyx requires the caller ID to be in +E.164 format in my SIP INVITE to our network. I have fiddled around trying to do this with no success. Would this be the A or B leg of the call? I am looking at sngrep and see a few different From lines:

From: "My Name" <sip:FreeSWITCH@sip.telnyx.com>;tag=y5rNU14N79UrS

From: "My Name" <sip:FreeSWITCH@sip.telnyx.com>;tag=y5rNU14N79UrS this is the end of the B leg and it gives me a:
SIP/2.0 404 Invalid caller ID number for emergency services D8.

Telnyx's error code is: D8 - 404 Invalid caller ID number for emergency services D8 - An outbound call towards an emergency number where an valid caller ID number was not provided. Please make sure you use the DID's with E911 enabled on outbound calls toward emergency numbers.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on where I should be looking to send the proper SIP INVITE?

Thanks for any help!

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
I finally found this thread (https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/callerid-on-outgoing-wrong-with-specific-trunk.3395) which helped me. I successfully got 933 to work. I totally overlooked the advanced button before finding this thread. I changed SIP CID Type to PID

However, looking at the sngrep I am still seeing the same type of From: as the original post. I am a bit confused on what this does. Would someone mind explaining to me what is going on?

Last edited:

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Looking into this further it looks like PID is pulling the P-Asserted-Identity: "My Name" <sip:+15555509601@sip.telnyx.com> which is passing to the 933 test service.

Should have posted earlier because I always seem to find what I am looking for after submitting a new topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.