Time condition presets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
I created a domain and from the "default" domain, I copied the "region" setting under "Advanced > Default Settings" to the tenant domain so I could change the region.

I logged into the tenant domain, and under "Advanced > Default Settings", I changed the 'region' from 'usa' to 'canada' and saved it. When I create a new time condition, it still shows the USA presets and not the Canada ones.

Is there something else I have to change for the Canada presets to show up? I do see them defined in the "Default Settings".

Thanks! :)

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You have the wrong idea, what you see in default settings IS default settings globally.when you copy settings to a particular domain, they will be seen under the domains settings in advanced domains. I doubt the region is localised, you may need to be copying the time zone for the local domain. I've never tested any time based stuff as I'm UK so never have had a need so I don't know what works and what doesn't.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Default settings is a global page changing it affects all domains. Unless there is a setting that overrides it on the domain or somewhere else.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
You have the wrong idea, what you see in default settings IS default settings globally.when you copy settings to a particular domain, they will be seen under the domains settings in advanced domains.

OK, you are correct: I checked the "region" setting in the global/default domain and it had changed to Canada. That's not a big dal; it is where we are located, but I was trying to leave the global/default domain as untouched from defaults as possible (I don't have any extensions and such setup under it; I am using it as just a global setting/admin interface)

In any case, even with the "region" set to Canada globally, time condition presets are still for the US holidays and do not show the Canadian ones.

@markjcrane - Is there somewhere else I would need to change this for Canadian holiday presets to show up in Time Conditions?

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
OK, so I stand corrected... it looks like when I copied the "region" setting in Default/Settings to my tenant domain, then ended up (inadvertently) changing the global region to "canada", that does seem to work: if I create a "Time Condition" in the global domain, the presets are the Canadian holidays.

I am guessing that because I copied the "region" setting to my tenant domain before I changed the global to "canada", it actually remains as "usa", which is why it still shows the USA holiday presets.

Now I just need to figure out how to remove that copy from my tenant domain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.