Time out when dialing outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

busy4sure

Apr 20, 2018
Please help. I have 5 phones in a sub account on my fusion and for some strange reason only 3 of the phones are now working. When I dial from the ones that don;t work they just time out to a busy signal. I Have tried resetting the phones to factory and setup the extensions again but no luck. The phones register just like the others. The phones are all Grandstream GXP2130

Attachments

• Phone.PNG
    Phone.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 4

busy4sure

Apr 20, 2018
If it help anyone who experience this problem just make sure to use TLC that fix my issue.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Just a tip for future posts -- posting a problem like the one you've mentioned above without including a snippet from the logs or sngrep SIP flow is going to yield you little to no real help. There are literally hundreds of reasons why a phone may not be able to dial out... including logs is the only real way to isolate the problem so someone can help.

That being said, I have run into issues several times where a Grandstream device will register just fine but cannot dial out and switching the transport on the device from UDP to TCP or vice versa fixes it. I've never understood WHY that fixes it which bothers me to no end.. because at one customer site I can have Grandstreams that will only work using UDP, and on another site I can have Grandstreams that will only work using TCP.

Beats me. This is why I prefer Yealink.

busy4sure

Apr 20, 2018
Thank you so much Kenny for the pointers. I will make sure to include the logs next time, the funny thing is I just learned how to use sngrep command using putty. I am learning as I get by. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.