Toll Allow / Deny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Hi guys, been looking at cant find howto setup the toll allow and deny etc, i an trying to block international domain tenant wide and cant seem to figure a easy way, surely there must be a way :)

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
Kurt

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
so , ok hang on in the outbound i would set toll allow to true, then how do i tell the system that dialplans for international or am i being stupid

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Have a look at the link I posted.

To allow/block toll calls, you would need multiple outbound routes (or at least groups in the dial-plan)

“toll_allow” is really just a variable passed wth each call. In the dial plans you have to test if what is listed in the extension’s properties matches what you want.

Not a simple true false

davemc

Aug 17, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
The documentation above is a paste from IRC notes, that has become the incomplete official docs. It doesn't give sufficient context or detail to enable debugging or true understanding the toll allow mechanism.

Is there any nice helpful phone system admin who has used toll allow effectively, and could contribute improvements to these docs? :p

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
TOLL ALLOW EXAMPLE
This example outlines how to setup three levels of permitted call types. local domestic international

• Local calls in example assumes 7 digit phone numbers.
  • Domestic calls in example assumes 10 or 11 digit North American numbers.
  • International calls in example assumes 011 North American international prefix.
Create new outbound route for each permission level. In this example there is a gateway for each type of route.

Local Outbound Route​

Domestic Outbound Route​

International Outbound Route​

Edit extensions with proper toll_allow variables to permit use of new outbound routes.Each extension can have multiple permissions listed in toll_allow.
Extension with local and domestic calling permission can dial out via both the "local" and "domestic" outbound routes above

Extension with only domestic variable assigned can only dial the 10 or 11 digit numbers in the "domestic" outbound route

Outbound routes can also have multiple toll_allow patterns. For example, if you only define a single variable per extension, you would probably want the domestic permission to include local calls

Edit local outbound route to include extensions with only domestic defined.

With the above toll_allow condition test, if an extension has either "local" or "domestic" assigned they are allowed to use the local outbound route

Status
Not open for further replies.