SOLVED Unable to get inbound calls working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram

Jul 24, 2022
I am obviously doing something wrong, so any help or pointing in the right direction for troubleshooting would be great.

I am trying to setup inbound calls. I have tried my existing number with voip.ms, as well as new DIDs through Flowroute and BulkVS that I am trying to use with the PBX. All are not working and don't seem to even be hitting the PBX.

I am adding the providers in as gateways and they are quickly swapping over to "REGED", so that seems good. On Flowroute, for active SIP registrations, it is showing the PBX three times. All with a last refresh time about ~4-5 minutes apart. Not sure if this is normal for them or not, every guide I've seen has been saying there should only be one listed. BulkVS is not showing anything at all under the active registrations, however, when connecting directly with a softphone it DOES show up. (Gateways: Flowroute Active SIP: )

I have added each provider's IP addresses in ACLs. ( )

I have also setup the Destinations for each of the inbound routes (First DID: , Second DID: )

When looking at the CDR in Flowroute, I am seeing it is failing for "Unavailable - No trunk or registration" (https://i.imgur.com/uusQcCT.png). BulkVS shows nothing other than my outbound test call. When I attempt to call the BulkVS number, I get a busy signal.

The DID on BulkVS is set to the trunk group which is setup in the gateways (https://i.imgur.com/Labe2wL.png), and the Flowroute DID is setup to "SIP Registration" route.

For the heck of it, I also made a fresh Debian 11 install on a separate VM on a separate network. I did all of the same as above and had the same results. The only (weird) difference is on the second server, I was unable to get the softphone to come up under Status -> Registrations as it did with the first server.

From my testing, I seem to have ruled out SIP provider issues and VM provider issues.

Does anyone see what I might be doing wrong or have any other steps to try and troubleshoot? Thanks in advance!

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
None of those ACL settings should be there, they are all wrong, I assume you just guessed they should be there.

Your carriers should be added to the domains ACL and all that you need to populate for each is the CIDR, nothing else.

Ram

Jul 24, 2022
None of those ACL settings should be there, they are all wrong, I assume you just guessed they should be there.

Your carriers should be added to the domains ACL and all that you need to populate for each is the CIDR, nothing else.

Yeah, I was trying to follow the guides and figured they should be in their own. I've updated and seem to still be running into issues.

Last edited:

Ram

Jul 24, 2022
did you flush cache and reload acl?

Yes, seems like it is half-working with BulkVS now. When I have a registration on an extension, I am getting a busy signal. When there is no registration, it is going to voicemail. Any idea? I've just found sngrep and the log viewer, so that has been pretty helpful.

Ram

Jul 24, 2022
Yes, seems like it is half-working with BulkVS now. When I have a registration on an extension, I am getting a busy signal. When there is no registration, it is going to voicemail. Any idea? I've just found sngrep and the log viewer, so that has been pretty helpful.

Figured it out, was missing the 1 in the prefix on the Destinations. Everything seems to be working now. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.