Unable to use Zoiper after install

Status
Not open for further replies.

jh81

Mar 22, 2023
tutorials i followed:

I have installed Fusionpbx correctly, netstat -tulpn shows 5080, 5060, 5066 as open ports (amongst others).
But when i run zoiper it says SIP TCP, SIP UDP IAX UDP not found.

as a user i can logon to the web interface and see my extention and no voicemails etc etc.
Do i need to do anything other after installation?

jh81

Mar 22, 2023
thank you for responding, and my apologies for the late reply! I've been swamped with work. I have since removed the VPS and i will start anew :) I will give it another try!

jh81

Mar 22, 2023
so, i created an extention (101) and assigned my own user to it, with password "password" . (and i created a domain mydomain.com next to the IP)

so then i start zoip, it asks for a username which i input 101@mydomain.com with the password that belongs to my username. Since it cant find the settings i input pbx.mydomain.com as the hostname (since thats where its registered at). i can ping it, i can see the ports open, but Zoiper keeps refusing to make a connection.

its on an internal network, so for testing purposes i disabled iptables, but still.. to no succes. Its getting really frustrating. i do exactly what the youtube tutorial says, so why does it work there, but not on my end?

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
disable push notification on zoiper and see if that works
for me i can always login to zoiper if zoiper push notification is disabled
i have not dug into this further

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Usually now is about time to look at:

1. The logs in /var/log/freeswitch/freeswitch.log, can you see the INVITE attempts?

2. Running sngrep from a root terminal, can you see the SIP invites, is FusionPBX responding?

If you can't see either, then you know it's a network issue still. Unlikely as you disabled the firewall and state it's on a LAN.

Other issues might be that Zoiper is missing important information like authentication realm, authentiation username, etc. Normally the clients autofill this from the username and password, but sometimes it's not quite right. Again, Zoiper should have logs to state what it is doing, and what is happening which might shed light on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.