unanswered transfer call return

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Hi all. I know the difference between attended and blind transfer. I have a client who would like to perform a blind transfer but if target destination doesnt pick up then they want the call to come back and ring at the original location...is this possible?

Reactions: timerider

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
I have not tried this, but here's a possibility.You could write your own transfer routine within dialplan manager. Have it save the channel variable that is the number that trying to transfer and then ring the phone to which you want to transfer. If it is not picked up within the allotted time, using the previously saved channel variable, ring back to the original caller.

You can then assign that dialplan to a key on the phone.

Reactions: CPav

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion Roger. I will try lookup how to do that..Ive not ever written my own dialplan before, if you have a suggestion on how that dialplan would look Id really appreciate it.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
This is the only thing I can find that would resemble my goal...but I know its incorrect and incomplete, a helping hand would be much appreciated.

*88[ext]
Condition ^\*88(\d{3})$

<action application="set" data="dialed_extension=$1"/> <action application="set" data="call_timeout=10"/>
<action application="set" data="transfer_ringback=$${hold_music}"/>
<action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/> <action application="bridge" data="user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name}"/>

Last edited:

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
Go to Dialplan / Dialplan Manager - you can probably find the transfer app their, copy & modify it.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Not winning with this, I have ZERO experience with custom dialplans, when I take in a call and punch in *88[ext] followed by # nothing happens, is there anyone that can look at my call flow below and point me in the right direction here? I've botched this together with the current transfer option and I'm Frankensteining a dialplan here.

condition destination_number ^\*88(\d{3})$
condition ${digits} ^(\d+)$
action transfer -aleg ${digits} XML ${context}
action set call_timeout=10
action set transfer_ringback=$${hold_music}
action set hangup_after_bridge=true
action bridge user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name}
anti-action eval cancel transfer

Reactions: Somarakakis

Somarakakis

Oct 1, 2017
Not winning with this, I have ZERO experience with custom dialplans, when I take in a call and punch in *88[ext] followed by # nothing happens, is there anyone that can look at my call flow below and point me in the right direction here? I've botched this together with the current transfer option and I'm Frankensteining a dialplan here.

condition destination_number ^\*88(\d{3})$
condition ${digits} ^(\d+)$
action transfer -aleg ${digits} XML ${context}
action set call_timeout=10
action set transfer_ringback=$${hold_music}
action set hangup_after_bridge=true
action bridge user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name}
anti-action eval cancel transfer
Hi CPav have you find any solution for this...????

Status
Not open for further replies.