Updating Source - Git Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
If you run Advanced -> Upgrade -> Source or when using git pull.

Browser Symptoms
  • The code will error and you will see a blank page
    • The merge conflict breaks the syntax and result is the blank page.
Console symptoms
You may see this just after running a git pull from /var/www/fusionpbx
  • CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict
The following will fix this issue. Run these commands on your server to fix the issue.

cp -R /var/www/fusionpbx /var/www/fusionpbx-20200327
cd /var/www/fusionpbx
git fetch origin
git reset --hard origin/master
git pull
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/fusionpbx

WARNING: This will work for most people. Un-tracked files should be safe. However if you manage your own customization's for files tracked by Git you will likely need to do more to fix this issue.

Last edited:

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
I was able to get back to the login page using the commands above, but when I login with my normal admin creds, I am unable to see any links. See screenshot attached.
CapturFiles-202004114_170409.jpg

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
I believe I fixed the issue. I had a snapshot of the VM from this morning, I reverted back to it and performed the upgrade again and this time it took.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
It appears to be working fine, but for some reason all of a sudden the menu screen just becomes black and no options are avail. I have attempted several browsers and same issue.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
What operating system are you using?
What database are you using?
Also which version of FusionPBX are you on?

p.s. My upgrades don't fail and unable to reproduce your issue. I've done more upgrades than anyone from any version of FusionPBX. Having wrote the software have the advantage of knowing what to do if something goes wrong with FusionPBX. Things like running upgrade schema, logout.php to logout and back in and various other things that can help have a successful upgrade.

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
I believe his issue is related to where you had to do Upgrade Schema twice. I had the same issue the other day when I did an upgrade. I suspect that's why it worked the 2nd time.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Closing this to try and keep news to news. Open a thread in the main forums if you have any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.