SOLVED Upgraded to Debian 9 and Freeswitch 1.8, External will not start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
Hello I tried to do a search here with this error: [ERR] sofia.c:3228 Error Creating SIP UA for profile: external

Everything works as before except sip external. As one would guess, since internal still works, I can call extension to extension and access voicemail. I am trying to figure out what is so different about the external sip profile in Freeswitch 1.8. Nothing else was broken in the upgrade to Debian 9 and then Freeswitch 1.8.

I noticed that the installer as of last September of 2018 is meant to work with this combination. Any ideas?

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
The if statement in the source code is:
if (profile->wss_bindurl) {
stream->write_function(stream, " <wss-bind-url>%s</wss-bind-url>\n", switch_str_nil(profile->wss_bindurl));

I should mention that I checked and nothing is bound to port 5080 using
netstat -nlp | fgrep 5080 Just for the heck of it I tested port 5081 as well, nothing bound.

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
Ok so I went into the variables and changed the ssl directory tls as follows and it works now: external_ssl_dir $${conf_dir}/tls

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
The internal ssl directory was wrong as well. It just so happens that before the upgrade ssl was turned off for internal and external so I never noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.