User Permission Menu Question when upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrosetto

Apr 29, 2020
Quick and dirty.

I have custom groups setup in FusionPBX for the CDR and Operator Panel. Every time I run and upgrade in FusionPBX in the tutorial I am instructed to perform 'Menu Defaults' afterwards. When doing this the groups that I had tied to the specific menu entries get wiped out and I have to reconfigure them.

I found switching them to protected preserves my configuration but I would assume that switching every menu option to protected and doing a 'Menu Defaults' is basically telling it to not overwrite anything.

Can someone give me some guidence on how to upgrade FusionPBX and preserve the custom permission configuration that I have set on the default menu?

Should I not be running 'Menu Defaults' unless the menu stops functioning in some fashion?

Appreciate your time,

Thanks.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
You could create a custom menu, for example:
In Advanced-> Menu Manager
add new menu - Name: my-default Language: en-us Description: Customised For Me
select this menu (it will be empty)
Click "Restore Default" to populate it.

Now you can protect what you want in this new menu, and assign this menu to the domains you require. Now when you restore menu defaults, the default menu will be updated so you can look at it to view and changes but your custom menu will remain untouched.

If you want a quick way to protect all the items in your new custom menu, you can use SQL. Find the UUID for the new menu and then issue the following SQL:
Code:
update v_menu_items set menu_item_protected = 'true' where menu_uuid = '<my-menu-uuid>';

Reactions: afshin and jrosetto

jrosetto

Apr 29, 2020
You could create a custom menu, for example:
In Advanced-> Menu Manager
add new menu - Name: my-default Language: en-us Description: Customised For Me
select this menu (it will be empty)
Click "Restore Default" to populate it.

Now you can protect what you want in this new menu, and assign this menu to the domains you require. Now when you restore menu defaults, the default menu will be updated so you can look at it to view and changes but your custom menu will remain untouched.

If you want a quick way to protect all the items in your new custom menu, you can use SQL. Find the UUID for the new menu and then issue the following SQL:
Code:
update v_menu_items set menu_item_protected = 'true' where menu_uuid = '<my-menu-uuid>';

Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.