SOLVED Users & Groups part of a contact missing in Applications > Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
It's optional now. Speaking of which, I think the documentation might need a bit of seeing to with this change. I might submit a pull request in a bit.

God send for me really, hundreds of domains and not a single one ever really wanted to segment off their contacts to specific users. They all just wanted a global address book.
1685604711719.png

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
ahh thanks, humm so is this even needed, then? I enabled it and set the contact to visible for users I can't get the remote phone book to work, haven't tested it in a long time but my old steps were:

• default settings, contact groups and extensions to true
  • All Extensions need to have an assigned user for this to work, user needs to be in user group
  • Then create a contact in Applications > Contacts - ensure you add a phone number to the contact else it wont show up on the phone
  • In the contact - Set the groups to ‘user’ for it to show for everyone in the Global remote phone book on handset
  • In the contact - Set the Users to a single user for it to show in that specific users Personal remote phone book
but no dice,

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
The device needs the user too, not sure the extension matters (but you need that so they can log into the portal).

Personally, I disable the permissions as not a single one of my customers cared about the feature and it only resulted in the odd extension being missed during prep.

Status
Not open for further replies.