Valet Park IN strange behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2017
I have activated the valet park in dialplan manager work's fine.

Now here is my problem, I have some T41 Yealink phones, I have program BLF button with park+*5900

When I pick up the receiver and press the button I get " a voice prompt that gives me the park number " perfect !!! " that what I need, so I call in and I answer with the phone, press the button and it's hangs up the phone but my call is actually in queue on park "5901" I can hear the music on hold and see that I am in the Active Call's.

I pick up the receiver dial *5901 and get my call back, so why when I just pickup the receiver and press the button I get the prompt and when it is an incoming call there is no voice prompt ????

UPDATE 21 Feb 2018

I found out that the CALLER get the prompt whit the queue park number !!!! that is not good

Am I doing something wrong ?

Last edited:

nova2k

Feb 28, 2018
I have the same issue.
valet_park is working fine.
But when we use valet_park_in with a dedicated button to park calls, calls are being parked into slots, however, BLF is not showing and callers are being announced with park slot number instead of callee.
I'm using the fusionpbx v4.3.5 (master branch).

breeblebrax

Apr 25, 2018
On our Grandstream GXP2135 we can use *5900 for a park button but the phone gives an error if we enter park+*5900.
Does it really want that to come FROM the phone, or is it something that is just part of the dialplan?

breeblebrax

Apr 25, 2018
The GS phone has a 'Monitored Call Park' button which will park a call and provide BLF information for that extension number.
So you can send *5901, and the same button can be used as a BLF and to retrieve the call. Very slick.

It has a limitation that you can
t have the * in front of the extension, however so I made copies of the dialplans without the *. Works great, however I do not get BLF events.

Given this issue, I simplified my scenerio to a button that parks a call at 5901, which works fine.
And a BLF on 5901, which does not get event notifications. This button can be used to retrieve the parked caller, it just doesn't blink.
It is Green, which indicates the phone is monitoring for events.

Branch: 4.4
Commit: 57a7482bc842f6a32af238ba676d4ef14a769310
Origin: https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx
Status: Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/4.4'. +8 days ago

Version 4.4.0

I am new to the product, so it might be the same issue you are seeing

STTS Steve

Apr 25, 2018
You're further ahead than I am.
I can't get the valet park to work.
I can transfer a call to a slot and retrieve it, but it won't park and give me an audio indication where it's at.
I've been working with Asterisk for over 10 years, and this has me baffled.

breeblebrax

Apr 25, 2018
If you enable the dial plan valet_park_in, and transfer a call to *5900, the party being placed in the park queue hears the parking lot id number,
starting with 5901. It seems like a bug. A person placing the call on hold should hear the number.
Honestly, the way my customers use this, the BLF lights and the person announcing the call says what button the caller is holding on, so we never need the parking lot number. But we do need BLF's to work.

I don't really know the most efficient way to debug this.

STTS Steve

Apr 25, 2018
I'm now getting the same issue. Valet Park In works, but the outside caller is hearing the slot number instead of the extension parking the call.

Last edited:

STTS Steve

Apr 25, 2018
Bottom line on this is:
If you do a supervised transfer to the valet_park pilot extension, it will anounce the slot number, then you complete the transfer. If you do an un-supervised transfer, it will announce the slot ID to the caller.

Reactions: krishan
Status
Not open for further replies.