VIP List

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
I want to create a VIP list of numbers that would send calls to alternative destination unlike normal incoming calls

I can create a dialplan and pipe the numbers in but think it may be too big with the numbers I want to use.

Is there anyway of getting fusion to look in a file as part of a dial plan and in the number is in the file go to the alternative destination

Thanks

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Being a redis fan, because of its speed and the fact that it will be in memory, thats what I'd use.

Load the numbers into redis and then use a lua script in the dialplan to do the lookup.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
That is an interesting issue. There are multiple ways to fix the issue. I like the redis idea as it should be fast as it is in memory as mentioned. I would be interested in seeing how this would be implemented. Pulling from a file should also be fast too unless it is a very large list of numbers. But file would not be as secure. I read something about referencing a file in a dialplan. I have not tested `in_file` expression but it would look similar to this:

Code:
<condition field="caller_id_number" expression="in_file">
  <param name="file">vip_numbers.txt</param>
  <action ACTION HERE
</condition>

You could also look into creating a vip_numbers table in the fusionpbx database. Here again I am not sure what your dialplan will look like for running a sql query. Querying the database may be best by executing a lua script for security of database connection string.

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
That is an interesting issue. There are multiple ways to fix the issue. I like the redis idea as it should be fast as it is in memory as mentioned. I would be interested in seeing how this would be implemented. Pulling from a file should also be fast too unless it is a very large list of numbers. But file would not be as secure. I read something about referencing a file in a dialplan. I have not tested `in_file` expression but it would look similar to this:

Code:
<condition field="caller_id_number" expression="in_file">
  <param name="file">vip_numbers.txt</param>
  <action ACTION HERE
</condition>

You could also look into creating a vip_numbers table in the fusionpbx database. Here again I am not sure what your dialplan will look like for running a sql query. Querying the database may be best by executing a lua script for security of database connection string.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Just trying to get it working. Teach me to agree to something LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.