Voicemail disable intro message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniele

Feb 1, 2017
Hi,
I'm using last version of fusionpbx. Is there a way to disable the initial message of the voicemail? I am forwarding calls from an IVR to a voicemail and I don't like the caller hear the extension number.

Thanks

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You need to set these variables somewhere depending on your dialplan:

skip_instructions=true
skip_greeting=true

You can then remove greeting and/or instructions.

Vincent1975

Jan 31, 2017
Hi Daniele,

where did you put the settings and how? I've tried to put them in the inbound route dialplan as an action/set, but without success.

bbrendon

Oct 17, 2017
Is there a way to do this globally across all domains? Or for that matter change the default globally to "skip_instructions=true"

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You may be able to add this in advanced/vars, I have never tried it. Likely you would need to flush memcache and restart Freeswitch

Comextel

Aug 8, 2019
skip_instructions=true if i understand this var disabled only the message " Svp laisser un message après le bit" after the greeting message haved play ? fine ?

Comextel

Aug 8, 2019
Yeah I have tested and work fine, it’s possible to apply global for a Full tenant or for a full Fusion ... because I have a dedicated fusion for a customer with 38 inbound route and each week I add inbound and it’s better if i don’t need change dial plan each time, because each

raitokun

Oct 15, 2019
Sorry, i got the issue the same with everyone, and try do add skip_instructions=true but didn't work ! Inbound calls still have the voicemail message before that. So, please intrust me . Thanks a lotfs.png

Konrad M WebArray

Nov 10, 2021
Ottawa, Ontario
Sorry, i got the issue the same with everyone, and try do add skip_instructions=true but didn't work ! Inbound calls still have the voicemail message before that. So, please intrust me . Thanks a lotView attachment 2555

I would put it somewhere else... For the entire tenant you can put it in Dialpan > Dialplan Manager under the domain-variables dialplan.. You can also create your own dialplan and match it to a specific extension, voicemail box, IVR, ring group, etc.. or as others have mentioned put it closer to the point that it gets transferred to voicemail (in case you have it enabled somewhere else).

You can also put your code in Dialplan > Inbound Routes and do it for a specific destination number.

Or you can enable it for the whole server by going to Advanced > Variables and creating a new entry under Defaults. So press the Add button Category = Defaults and Name is skip_instructions and/or skip_greeting and the Value is true and Command is set and finally press Save.
I'm not sure if they'll update right away but if not then either apply the global variable manually through fs_cli or just restart FreeSwitch by typing fs_cli -x fsctl shutdown now restart into terminal and wait a couple minutes.

Also, skip_instructions is not the entire message you hear before leaving a voicemail. If you don't want anything to play at all you would need to set both skip_greeting and skip_instructions to true.

skip_greeting => The person at extension ?? is not available.
skip_instructions => Record your message at the tone. Press any key or stop talking to end the recording.

Reactions: cemotyz09
Status
Not open for further replies.