SOLVED Voicemail not sending if message is very short

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Note: This thread has been changed from and SMTP-related issue to adopt to the actual problem. See post #3 below:

Hi all,

I've been unable to get FusionPBX working with Amazon Web Services Simple Email Service (AWS SES). I've got a multitude of other hosts/services using SMTP via SES without issue, so I believe my settings are correct. Attached are the settings I've entered and I've followed the instructions from the documentation.

I can't find an official way to test if the settings are working via FusionPBX, so I've been using trying to send voicemails via emailed link as the "test". No luck. I can't even tell if I'm doing that part correctly as I can't locate the appropriate log to determine any smtp-related errors. freeswitch.log (aka Status > Log Viewer) doesn't seem to have anything.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• fusionpbx-aws-ses-1_redacted.PNG
    fusionpbx-aws-ses-1_redacted.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Thank you @DigitalDaz . I am seeing the log in the /tmp folder, however the reason the emails weren't being sent was because I was hanging up after leaving a message, instead of pressing "1" to get the menu and then "2" to save. In other words, emails were not being sent/logged if the hangup method was used. In either case, a recording was saved in the freeswitch/storage/voicemail/default/[domain]/[extension]/ directory.

This seems incredibly odd for a caller to assume that hanging up would cancel sending a voicemail, which makes me think I've configured something incorrectly. Note that I've left things on default unless I needed to tweak them, and I don't think I've made any changes in this regard. Are you aware of anything that could be causing this? Is this the intended behavior?

Edit: Ok I think I solved it. Turns out a message must be a certain length to be sent, but not saved. By sheer coincidence my test messages generated by hanging up were very short, and my test messages by "menu'ing out" were longer. Looking into this further and will update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.