Voicemail Retrieval Horribly Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccoombes

Jan 31, 2020
Getting a lot of feedback from our staff saying it takes way too long to get to the voicemail messages. Mostly the time and date being read out taking 15 seconds or more when they just want to hear their messages.

Is there a way to change this?

I am assuming i would have to modify an LUA script to do this?

Thanks

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
There are channel variables that you can set to change what is announced in the voicemail application. It has been discussed on this forum several times. If I get time I will find the link(s) for you, but just search the forum, I'm sure you will find them yourself.

ccoombes

Jan 31, 2020
So did find this in the docs:

Voicemail Variables

Using switch variables provides the ability to adjust FusionPBX Voicemail features. These variables can be set in either Advanced -> Variables (having a global scope - loaded when the switch first starts) or in the dialplan (for a global or more flexible/domain specific scope).

NameValue
skip_greetingtrue or false
skip_instructionstrue or false
voicemail_greeting_number0-9
vm_disk_quota0-3600 seconds
vm_message_extwav or mp3
voicemail_authorizedtrue or false
vm_say_caller_id_numbertrue or false
vm_say_date_timetrue or false
Note: ‘wav’ format is the default voicemail message file type. A value of ‘mp3’ requires mod_shout be installed and running.

Which sounds like it is what i need, there is no Voicemail category in the switch variables on my fusion install, would i have to add these into the Channel variable category?

Status
Not open for further replies.