SOLVED Voicemail to Email not working at All

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
I have configured the default settings as stated in the Documentation. When I leave a voicemail i don't see any emails in Status. I dont receive the email at all, from this perceptive it seems as its not doing anything with the voicemail. Can someone assist me with this, I have a customer that is requesting. I have searched through the forum but no luck.....Please help!!

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
First off, make sure you reloaded default settings after making changes. Simple thing but catches a lot of people.
You can check in Status>email logs and it might shed some light.
There is also a log at /tmp/mailer-app.log which will show the server responses.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Yep, use the recommended install, Debian and the installer, these are all that are tested.

michelerizzo88

Mar 11, 2019
I have same problem to send voicemail to mail. if i test on stable 4.4.2 pbx not send email and if i check in Status->Email i don't see anything.
i have private ip to authenticate all. Could be acl problem?

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
I have only set it up twice but in both cases I simply folllowed the documentation. I did not even need to reload anything. At the beginning I had issues with my SMTP provider but checking the errors on /tmp/mailer-app.log helped me figuring it out. I am using SMTP2GO.

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
I attached what I get when I access that directory. I dont see the mailer-app.log directory. As mentioned, I followed documentation and checked email status and dont get anything. I even enabled less secure app access in the gmail settings.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Well... then something is not set up properly. I would go step by step (even checking the obvious)

- Is the Voicemail module running?
- Is Voicemail Mail Enabled set to YES in the extension?
- Is Voicemail Mail To set to a valid email?
- Are all parameters properly set up in the SMTP session of the Default Config?

As a side note, I tried with Google and gave up.It was too cumbersome for my use case.

When checking the file you should do tail -f /tmp/mailer-app.log (or anything that actually reads the file) instead of cd /tmp/mailer-app.log (providing the file gets created).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.