Voicemail to Email notification not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyg

Apr 6, 2022
I am currently running the last version of Fusionpbx on Debian. I can not get voicemail to email to notifications to work properly. I do have email working when resending.
- Voicemail emails are shown in the STATUS->EMAIL LOGS menu, but they never go out. You must press the resend button for emails to be pushed out.
- If I enable the queue, I see the email notification. The system tries 3 times to send, but always fail.

There are really no logs available to help diagnose the problem. This issue has appeared several times on the forum, but no really answer to the problem.

Has anyone gotten the voicemail to email notification to work on the latest version of Fusionpbx?
Any help or suggestions to help resolve will be appreciated greatly.

mannyg

Apr 6, 2022
update....
previously had the email setting specific to different domain/tenant.. (not in Default settings)
does not work...

Moved the email setting to the Default setting and email notification works...

My questions, if anyone can help...
- Does voicemail notification work in a multi tenant/domain with different email setting?
- if yes, how to enable?

thx in advance....

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
You can diagnose the problem by going to the menu -> status -> email logs and use the TEST button.

Per domain SMTP settings maybe broken will take a look at it as time permits.

mannyg

Apr 6, 2022
thanks for the reply.....
At this time, VM notification is only working when the email queue is enabled, the setting are set in Advanced -> Default Setting, and the daemon is active.
If the settings are set on per domain and default email setting are set too false; emails are not sent as shown in the email queue. After 3 attempts, status set to fail.

If I disable the email queue, notification are shown in menu -> status -> email logs. I select the resend button, the message goes out successfully. If the try the test option, the message is sent successfully.

I can say that the Email and Email queue only work when set in the default setting (Advanced -> Default Setting). It does not work on a per domain setting.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
This problem should be fixed please upgrade to latest code. Then try it again and report back how your testing went.

mannyg

Apr 6, 2022
Version 5.0.1
Git Information Branch: master
Commit: 791d0046c019ef1d8cd1ed311941fbc7d71b1fa1
Origin: https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx
Status: Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'. +3 days ago
Project Path /var/www/fusionpbx
Switch Version 1.10.7 (64bit)
PHP Version 7.4.28

Current version:
PASS - All Email & Email Queue setting in Default Settings enabled = true

Upgrade to:

Version 5.0.1
Git Information Branch: master
Commit: 60e484e8f50603fa2c2c1730e93ecfcf3a98a99f
Origin: https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx
Status: Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'. +0 days ago
Project Path /var/www/fusionpbx
Switch Version 1.10.7 (64bit)
PHP Version 7.4.28

Same setting as before upgrade
Cache Flushed & XML Reloaded
PASS - VM Notification Email received

All Email and Email Queue in Default->Advanced->sip.xxxxx.x.com Domain set to enabled = false
Email Settings in Default->Advanced enabled = true
Email Queue Default->Advanced enabled = false
Cache Flushed & XML Reloaded

PASS - VM Notification Email received
2022-05-05 23:57:43.912100 98.80% [DEBUG] switch_utils.c:1319 Emailed file [/tmp/mail.165180946293b2] to [xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com]
PASS - sending test message

Testing Domain->sip.xxxxx.x.com

Email setting in Advanced->Default enabled=false
Email Queue Default->Advanced->Domain enabled = false
Email setting in Advanced->Default->Domain->sip.xxxxx.x.com Domain set to true
Email Queue Default->Advanced->Domain->sip.xxxxx.x.com enabled = false

FAIL - no email received, no entry in Email Logs and Email Queue no entry
2022-05-06 00:04:29.372088 99.37% [DEBUG] switch_utils.c:1319 Emailed file [/tmp/mail.165180986871b4] to [xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com]
PASS - sending test message

Email Queue Default->Advanced->Domain->sip.xxxxx.x.com enabled = true
FAIL - no email received, no entry in Email Logs and Email Queue message is SENT indication

Summary:
When setting are set and enabled in Advanced->Defaults all test PASS
Disabling Email and Email Queue in Advanced->Defaults and Enabling in Default->Advanced->Domain->sip.xxxxx.x.com FAIL, but test message PASSES.

Version number not changed with upgraded branch.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
I could solve this in a few minutes over remote desktop. It is many times harder to try and fix it over text. The email will not send with the email_queue unless it is added to the email_queue table. If its a voicemail its added to the table using lua. Email queue is working on systems that I worked with yesterday.

mannyg

Apr 6, 2022
Email queue works when enabled in the default settings...
Email queue does not work when set in a specific domain and disabled in Default settings...
The email is added to the email_queue and sent is indicated, but email is never received.
I will retest this weekend...

Nedo

Jun 22, 2020
Hi, for me doesnt work, i have installed both as systemd service:

fax_queue.service - FusionPBX FAX Queue
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/fax_queue.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2022-05-26 16:28:44 CEST; 1 weeks 3 days ago
Process: 780 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/run/fusionpbx (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 782 (php)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 1144)
Memory: 7.0M
CGroup: /system.slice/fax_queue.service
└─782 /usr/bin/php /var/www/fusionpbx/app/fax_queue/resources/service/fax_queue.php

email_queue.service - FusionPBX Email Queue
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/email_queue.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2022-05-26 16:28:44 CEST; 1 weeks 3 days ago
Process: 778 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/run/fusionpbx (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 784 (php)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 1144)
Memory: 7.2M
CGroup: /system.slice/email_queue.service
└─784 /usr/bin/php /var/www/fusionpbx/app/email_queue/resources/service/email_queue.php

Voicemail email attachments work without problem, the fax send and receive without prolems but i cant'get email with attachmanets.

Nedo

Jun 22, 2020
Unfortunately the email is not sent. I see it in the email queue that says failed after 3 attempts to send. The thing I don't understand is that if I use the "email test" button the system is able to send the emails without any problem.

mannyg

Apr 6, 2022
Unfortunately the email is not sent. I see it in the email queue that says failed after 3 attempts to send. The thing I don't understand is that if I use the "email test" button the system is able to send the emails without any problem.
Try disabling the queue option (set to false).. Mail should be sent imminently.

hamagid

Dec 14, 2020
I also experience the issue where inbound fax works fine, but I do not get a email.

All other email are working fine, voicemail, missed call etc.

I see in the cli where it's supposed to send the email:

2022-06-24 20:13:11.227001 99.93% [NOTICE] switch_cpp.cpp:1465 [fax] command: /usr/bin/php /var/www/fusionpbx/secure/fax_to_email.php email=email@email.com extension=100 name=/var/lib/freeswitch/storage/fax/domain.com/100/inbox/+13177777777-2022-06-24-20-12-31.tif messages='result:OK sender:FaxSender pages:2' domain=domain.com caller_id_name=‘CALLER IN' caller_id_number=+13177777777 fax_relay=false fax_prefix=false

If i copy this command, exit the cli and paste it, i receive the email.

Is that a permission issue?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.