What [should?] be global dial plan items are only on the 'IP'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
I'm assuming that perhaps I don't fully understand something, or perhaps I did something wrong during installation, but critical dial plan items such as *98,*97 (voicemail access) and 'park+*5901' (parking) are seemingly only created in the context of the IP of the server.
1664208373992.png

As such, I get no match from extensions when I, for example, dial the voicemail button from the phone which uses *97.

I tested moving one or two of the items to global context:
1664208662840.png
and this does fix the behavior/symptom, but I'm curious about unintended consequences of perhaps doing this to 'park' ... would setting a global context to something like park result in orbits being shared between tenants?

Overall, I'm just curious what the intended procedures are for spinning up fusion for multi tenancy, creating new domains, etc. Almost as though there should be some button for 'regenerate default dial plan' for either a domain, or regenerate the original against the global context.

Am I missing something?

Any input is greatly appreciated, even if it's "you need the membership documentation"...

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
When you create a new domain, the items you mention should be created in the context of that domain, if you named the domain with an IP address then it will show the IP address. Don't get confused, in therms of a dialplan context, an IP address is just a name that happens to look like an IP address - if that makes sense?!

These should not be global, for example, you may have a tenant that wants something other than *97 for their voicemail.

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
OK, so basically: best practices would be to for each domain create dial plan entries for the 'stuff' that we would want? Guess I'm just surprised that a new domain doesn't 'come with' the sorts of defaults that the original domain gets.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
It does. Let me re-phrase: When you create a new domain, the items you mention should be automatically created for you in the context of that domain...

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
Oh, I understand what you were saying.

That does not seem to be happening. I double checked it just now by creating a new domain. After switching to that domain and going to dial plan manger, the ONLY things listed in the dial plan are the global entries.

Any thoughts on why that might [not] be happening?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
If you are installing V5, then I can't comment, we have not embraced V5 yet. Perhaps someone with V5 experience could chip in...

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
OK, thought I'd come and report: while messing around with SMS this evening, I realized that these default dialplan entries had shown up. The only thing that had changed was that I had at one point run various tasks under 'Upgrade'.

I put another domain in, and it was lacking the default dial plan entries. I then JUST went to Upgrade and did 'App Defaults' that placed the dial plan entries into the new domain.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
If you are installing V5, then I can't comment, we have not embraced V5 yet. Perhaps someone with V5 experience could chip in...
Definitely not my experience with version 5. I get the full compliment of dialplan entries when creating a new domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.