Whats your Biggest deployment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
Real world: I have run 6500+ registrations on one server without issue using around 5% CPU.

I still think you are asking the wrong questions.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think its impossible. its like taking a car saying how long will that car last until it breaks down?

And that is why the answer is difficult.

The car could go to an old granny that only uses it to go to bingo once a week.

The car could go to a taxi driver that works 16 hours a day and in is spare time does some rough terrain driving with it.

It is exactly the same for the PBX. Until you start putting clients on it you do not know whether its the old granny or the taxi driver. Also up until now you may have a hundred old grannies, but next week you get a few taxi drivers.

andycol

Jun 18, 2020
My Biggest on one 1 server is 251 domains with 4172 registered extensions, also quemetrics integrated and running for a few of the call centre's
CPU runs at around 4%

Attachments

• 1592480700765.png
    1592480700765.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: bcmike

andycol

Jun 18, 2020
all of those are registered the normal 2 sip profiles
32Gigs of ram

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GH

40CPU's 10 cores per socket

So the server is a beast

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
@andycol Thank you, your input is very much appreciated. Examples of real world deployments are useful to see, but have to be taken with reference to the caveats on actual usage, BLFs, registration expire times etc. mentioned in posts above.
Thank you again.

andycol

Jun 18, 2020
you also need to take into account things like concurrent calls/cps, are you transcoding etc

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
Real world: I have run 6500+ registrations on one server without issue using around 5% CPU.

This post is missing a lot of information.
How many profiles do you have? Or rather how many registration per profile?

TLS or TCP?

Do you have any BLF on this server and if yes how many?

what's the registration timeout? 120 0r 3600?

What's the avg/max CPS?

Also do you have sip server if fron of fusionpbx that handles registration? Like MID registrar?

Reactions: agree

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
This post is missing a lot of information.

I was being a little snarky when I wrote that post. CPU is typically not a bottleneck. My previous posts encouraged people to use load testing tools. Test all that stuff you mentioned.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
Oh boy. I haven't even thought about this. I know I am far from needing another "instance", but reading through these various discussions makes me think about topics I didn't know existed.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

krishan

Jun 15, 2021

if you don't mind can you please share simple Network diagram of call flow, and sever network setup, I am trying to setup a hosting business and deployed Fusion on Digital Ocean Droplet with about 20 users on it it doesn't work very well, I am using port 5090 for UDP and 5091 for TLS, I have about 10 users on UDP and about 10 on TLS, but both always complain about call drops and no rings and No account shows on phones for few minutes and comes back again,
1. do we need SBC (if yes which one is suggested)
2. should we use port 5060
3. there is no NAT involve on Server side but client side is NAT with regular service provider modem/router
4. I have about 300 users on Panasonic PBX want to move all over to fusion but cant do this until its become stable.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
If you are serious about being a hosting business, then get your own servers in a reputable Data Centre. VMs are OK as long as you control the hypervisor.

From the questions you are asking, it sounds like you have a steep learning curve in front of you. I will try to answer your questions quickly, but for all of them there is a much longer answer that I don't currently have the time to type!

1. Probably not (...and what actually is an SBC anyway :) )
2. Yes, but if you are controlling account/phone provision you could use a different port, a port is just a port at the end of the day. If you do move away form 5060, you may need to change firewall and fail2ban rules.
3. NAT should not be a problem FreeSWITCH handles it very well.
4. Fusion will handle 300 users with no additional performance tweaking.

A lot has been written about scaling. Nearly everyones situation is different. Learn how to monitor you systems performance, things like checking receive buffers, analysing packet captures and looking for SIP re-tries etc. There are a lot of standard Linux tools out there that will help, you don't need fancy software.

Status
Not open for further replies.