Will pay to fix this issue. ** URGENT **

Status
Not open for further replies.

5280pbx

Feb 4, 2019
I have a client with 3 office locations. I've put all in the same domain so they can call each other's extensions if they need to.

But here's the problem. When people call to use the company directory, there is Michelle 1 at one location, and Michelle 2 at another location. Since the company directory has all 3 locations in it since they're all under one domain, all names are together. People will call in and as soon as they here "Michelle" they accept that option without hearing the last name. So then they are sent to the wrong Michelle.

I need to figure out a way to separate this. Perhaps we put a group of extensions (by office location) in a "group" then only let that group be part of the directory based off DID called?

sebastian hache

Oct 17, 2017
Why not just changing the "recorded name" differently ?
Instead of only saying "michelle smith" in the voicemail record name option, say "Miami office, Michelle Smith" and the other Michelle could say "Toronto office, Michelle Burrows".

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Also, I don't imagine it will take very long for them to realise they need to wait if they keep getting the wrong person.

5280pbx

Feb 4, 2019
Instead of only saying "michelle smith" in the voicemail record name option, say "Miami office, Michelle Smith" and the other Michelle could say "Toronto office, Michelle Burrows".
I didn't know we could do custom recordings for company directory? Right now it's the automated

Ttaylor

Apr 26, 2022
Colorado
Where is recorded name options???

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
In voicemail set "Play Tutorial" to true then next time the user dials into the voicemail box they will be asked to record their name and then their greeting. When they record their "name" that is the recording used in the company directory.

You can also record your "name" by going into the advanced options of the voicemail system.

Status
Not open for further replies.