Yealink BLF Line Key Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake Priddy

Jan 21, 2018
This might be a long shot. But is there a way to have device line key labels auto update to the changed extension name?

Ex.
Joe has a BLF button for Carol with her name as the label for it. Carol has been replaced by Karen. I have made the change in the Extension as far as name, directory, description, but now I have to go to Joe's device and change his BLF key label from Carol to Karen as well.

Seems like there could be a two birds one stone method to this so I don't have to go to every device and change the label to match extension names. If I am missing something please let me know! Even if the Label field on a device could accept a string that is the vaule of that extensions display name would be awesome.

volkswagner

Nov 18, 2020
I too thought this should already be working.

According to this thread it's possible.

I see the following in /var/www/fusionpbx/app/extensions/extension_edit.php:
Code:
                                //update device key label
                                        if (strlen($effective_caller_id_name) > 0) {
                                                $sql = "update v_device_keys set ";
                                                $sql .= "device_key_label = :device_key_label ";
                                                $sql .= "where domain_uuid = :domain_uuid ";
                                                $sql .= "and device_key_value = :device_key_value ";
                                                $parameters['device_key_label'] = $effective_caller_id_name;
                                                $parameters['domain_uuid'] = $_SESSION['domain_uuid'];
                                                $parameters['device_key_value'] = $extension;
                                                $database = new database;
                                                $database->execute($sql, $parameters);
                                                unset($sql, $parameters);
                                        }

It's not working though. I'm using Yealink provisioning template if that matters.

volkswagner

Nov 18, 2020
Hmm, interesting.

I'm I think I had an issue with miss-matched contexts.
Anyway after flush cache, acl and reload xml it is working!
Yay!

volkswagner

Nov 18, 2020
Hmm, interesting.

I'm I think I had an issue with miss-matched contexts.
Anyway after flush cache, acl and reload xml it is working!
Yay!
This only worked once. I'm not sure what I have to do to get it to work consistently.
I tried again flush cache, acl and reload xml but no change this time.

volkswagner

Nov 18, 2020
Just another bump here. To me, this would be one of the biggest reasons to use the provisioning
built into FusionPBX (vs maintaining .cfg files manually) other than the ability to remotely initiate a
provisioning/reboot (very cool feature).

Status
Not open for further replies.