Yealink phones wont reconnect after idle period

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdcockers

Mar 9, 2018
Hi again all... after a long period of everything working perfectly, I've gone and messed things up again by pulling out pfSense and putting in Vyos as our edge router on a couple of sites. Now I have an entirely unpredictable problem :(

Everything is working great when a phone initially connects; provisioning, 2-way audio, the whole box and dice. Things get funky after a phone sits idle for an amount of time (maybe an hour or so). BLFs start switching off and then eventually it loses its connection to the server (in a remote datacenter) and is unable to reconnect with a 'registration failed' on the status page. After rebooting the phone everything works perfectly well again, until it doesn't.

I'm assuming that it has to be some sort of configuration in the router/firewall, given swapping out the router on those sites is the common change and other sites behind Unifi routers are still fine, but I don't know where to start looking... any tips?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Disabling SIP ALG (I think it's called 'conntrack' after the Linux kernel module) on VyOS can't hurt.

You can also try enabling force ping on the extensions from FusionPBX. This can help a bit when NAT is a bit iffy on certain devices.

tdcockers

Mar 9, 2018
Ah, thank you... I had looked at my config and assumed that because I hadn't explicitly enabled the ALG that it wasn't running, I didn't realise that it was enabled by default. I probably should spend some more time in the manuals learning what else is enabled by default...

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
Ah, thank you... I had looked at my config and assumed that because I hadn't explicitly enabled the ALG that it wasn't running, I didn't realise that it was enabled by default. I probably should spend some more time in the manuals learning what else is enabled by default...
Set Rewrite Contact IP and Port 2.0 for each extension in the advanced section. Even if you are using TLS, still use Rewrite Contact IP and Port 2.0 - Rewrite TLS Contact Port doesn't work, at least for me. I use Vyos routers at my data centers and I don't believe it is set as default. Within configure, run show system conntrack and if it is set, you'll see it. set system conntrack modules sip disable will take care of that

tdcockers

Mar 9, 2018
So far disabling the conntrack sip module appears to have been all I need, but I'll have a look at the other options if I need to. I think I got caught out because running show system conntrack came up with nothing - with everything else I've learned in Vyos, if it doesn't exist in config it is not enabled, but with conntrack it seems that if it doesn't exist in config, it is enabled.

What are the rewrite contact/port options supposed to do/fix?

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
So far disabling the conntrack sip module appears to have been all I need, but I'll have a look at the other options if I need to. I think I got caught out because running show system conntrack came up with nothing - with everything else I've learned in Vyos, if it doesn't exist in config it is not enabled, but with conntrack it seems that if it doesn't exist in config, it is enabled.

What are the rewrite contact/port options supposed to do/fix?

By setting Rewrite Contact IP and Port 2.0, the field for the extension contains this: NDLB-connectile-dysfunction-2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.