Yealink T53W LCD screen randomly 'waking' (not LED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
So, I have a couple T53Ws on my desk testing FusionPBX and all is going well for the most part.

One behavior that I'm noticing that would drive me a bit crazy as a user is that the LCD screen on these phones occasionally wakes up from the screensaver/power save. Sometimes it happens at the same time between the two phones, but typically if I reboot one or provision it suddenly doesn't happen concurrently.

I have already placed, reprovisioned and verified this settings is in place (this makes it to where the phone does not wake the screen if a BLF changes state, not that that is the case here, as this is a very quiet test tenant with no calls - I have a flow BLF and two voicemail indicators on):
features.blf_active_backlight.enable = 0

When the light comes on there is absolutely no other indicator of activity on the screen, so I'm running out of ideas. I even set the admin password so it would stop alerting on that.

My next steps are going to be:
  1. Clear the test mailboxes and see if it stops
  2. Turn the Flow 'off' to see if it changes
  3. Remove BLFs one 'type' at a time - Flow, VM, and Parks
At that point, I'll just be left with two line indicators.

If anyone has experience with this behavior from Yealinks, I'd appreciate the input. I may just disable the screensaver; the display is pretty dark without it anyways...

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
Well, after running down the list, it appears that removing the BLF for the Flows made it stop doing this.

I'm using <param name="startup-script" value="blf_subscribe.lua flow"/> in lua.conf.xml in order to start the blf_subscribe.lua script. Not sure why the phone would react to that BLF as such... especially considering that the BLF status isn't actually changing. Maybe it's the BLF subscription flapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.