Yealink T5X DSSKey Transfer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
Good Afternoon All,

I came across a rather interesting issue with a T54W and wanted to share the findings as it was most unusual and initially made me think I broke something in FusionPBX, as it is also happening with a T53W; however after testing from a T46, that was not affected by this issue, it pointed to the Yealink Firmware.

Firmware on my T54W - 96.85.0.5

While on an active call pressing a DSSKey sends a call into a "void". The call remains active on FusionPBX, the caller hears nothing and the channel is open, but never makes an attempt to connect to the other phone. If SLA is being used it can pull the call back, but not from the phone where the transfer initiated from.

The workaround I am using is under the device (a profile can be used as well) is setting:
yealink_dsskey_transfer_mode = 1

This changes from the default of a blind transfer to attended and upon testing works to transfer a call.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Im just in testing the 96.85.0.5 firmware as well. When I place another yealink phone on hold from the T54W (internal call) is doesnt send music on hold, however with the other T54W with the older 84 firmware I get the music on hold. Are you having the same issue?

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
Im just in testing the 96.85.0.5 firmware as well. When I place another yealink phone on hold from the T54W (internal call) is doesnt send music on hold, however with the other T54W with the older 84 firmware I get the music on hold. Are you having the same issue?
Thank you. That is one thing I did not notice, but yes it is happening. I have 3 phones on version 85 firmware (T54W, T53W, T48S) all also have no hold audio. On GS Wave it works fine. I'll have to do more tests in the morning to see what the CLI shows, but the recommendation might be to downgrade the firmware till Yealink fixes it.

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
Just tested and confirmed on my T54W. It works perfectly on 96.84.0.125.rom. I'm going to downgrade my phones from ver 85 till I have a chance to look at that more and get a response from Yealink.

Did you notice anything else odd about the newer firmware?

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
Testing a little more with the CLI open.

On both a blind transfer via DSSKey and placing a caller on hold, the phone on ver 85 firmware is not sending anything to freeswitch. From the pcap and logs on the phone it is never recording the hold.

It's not a matter of it creating a hung channel or no audio on MOH, the firmware is broke.

Reactions: gflow

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Testing a little more with the CLI open.

On both a blind transfer via DSSKey and placing a caller on hold, the phone on ver 85 firmware is not sending anything to freeswitch. From the pcap and logs on the phone it is never recording the hold.

It's not a matter of it creating a hung channel or no audio on MOH, the firmware is broke.
I downgraded all my firmware as well, I only noticed the music on hold issue.

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
Yealink has sent me updated firmware to test and it works. No issues seen with blind transfers or placing a call on hold, in my tests. Hopefully the updated firmware will be general release soon.

The versions Yealink sent to me were: for the T5xW series 96.85.0.46 and for the T4xS series 66.85.0.46

Reactions: gflow

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Slightly off topic but a cool feature of the new firmware is the Voicemail DSS key enhancement. You can now monitor shared/group voicemail boxes and when there are new messages the DSS key will flash green and the DSS key will show how many unread Voicemail's are in that inbox.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016

I had exactly this issue with a client myself. It appears that if the phone is dialling out, moh works but if the phone is receiving a call, it doesn't. We also found the same behaviour on a T41

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
@DigitalDaz If you want to try this one, it works on my T48S and based on the file name should work on a T41S.

Yealink has not added this to their support page yet and I only have it as I had a ticket open with them and they requested I test/confirm. So far the firmware is working well for me.
T4x
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oI4j_EdYOcm5EIRdjI0eBWd9sInHscNH/view?usp=sharing

I also have the newer versions of the T5x and W60B firmwares in ver85 working correctly.

I have not rolled this out to clients and opted to roll customers back to ver84.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I have the new firmware it seems to have resolved all the issues, should be released on the yealink site in the next couple of days but if anybody wants it earlier im happy to share:

New version is: T54W(T57W,T53W,T53)-96.85.0.58.rom

Blake Priddy

Jan 21, 2018
I have the new firmware it seems to have resolved all the issues, should be released on the yealink site in the next couple of days but if anybody wants it earlier im happy to share:

New version is: T54W(T57W,T53W,T53)-96.85.0.58.rom
Could you perhaps share with me? I have not heard from my guy at yealink yet. TZ diff probably.

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
I have beta firmware from November of 2020. It works and it fixes the issue, they just have not released it for some reason.

Personal recommendation roll back to ver 84 firmware and wait till Yealink releases this or a newer one.

This is a Google Drive link to the unreleased ver 85 firmware from Yealink-- The file size is too large to attach on the forum (32MB)

Blake Priddy

Jan 21, 2018
I have beta firmware from November of 2020. It works and it fixes the issue, they just have not released it for some reason.

Personal recommendation roll back to ver 84 firmware and wait till Yealink releases this or a newer one.

This is a Google Drive link to the unreleased ver 85 firmware from Yealink-- The file size is too large to attach on the forum (32MB)
That drive link does not seem to be working. I will instruct my people to roll back as well.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
It you submit a request with Yealink they will share a new link with you pretty quickly.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
I had lots of problems with Yealink T54W. From BLF not working to the transfer issue you are referring to. I am now using 96.86.0.15 and it has solved those problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.