ZoIPer Provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
Good Afternoon All,

I'm looking to deploy ZoIPer to a call center with about 250 users. All paid licenses for ZoIPer 5.

I know there's a ZoIPer module; however has anyone used the Provisioning section from within ZoIPer to update the softphones with the configs in FusionPBX.

If anyone has this working please let me know.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Do you need the premium or free?

I found a new softphone i'd recommend for call centres and it would be great if somebody could integrate it into FusionPBX. Check out softphone.pro

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
I am also interested for this scenario

hope anyone would share

After posting this I spoke with Zoiper sales and support. A provision.xml file needs to be created, they have a PDF on their site for this, and placed in the install directory of zoiper on every computer that needs provisioning.

I tested this (bought a paid license for version 5) and it does not appear to work, or I set the file up incorrectly. There were no http requests made to my server.

There is a zoiper addon, which downloads the free version, programmed, of zoiper 3.6, if you have an OEM account. This lacks several features. It does not appear to download zoiper 5, if the paid is selected, as already programmed.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
After posting this I spoke with Zoiper sales and support. A provision.xml file needs to be created, they have a PDF on their site for this, and placed in the install directory of zoiper on every computer that needs provisioning.

I tested this (bought a paid license for version 5) and it does not appear to work, or I set the file up incorrectly. There were no http requests made to my server.

There is a zoiper addon, which downloads the free version, programmed, of zoiper 3.6, if you have an OEM account. This lacks several features. It does not appear to download zoiper 5, if the paid is selected, as already programmed.

I have this working and correct you need to install that file on every computer which is pretty annoying.

I then found https://softphone.pro/ where you can create that xml file really easily and they provide you a free online tool where you can package that xml file into the installer or you can pay a small monthly fee and use their client based configuration tool.

I think somebody could easily build the cloud based configuration tool into FusionPBX, if they have half decent programming skills. The softphone.pro team have released a cloud auto provisioning tool for FreePBX, i'll be emailing them soon and asking if they can add FusionPBX as well. Plus softphone.pro integrates with quite a few CRM's and is much cheaper than zoiper pro.

I found transferring calls on it a bit annoying at first but it has loads of config options that you need to change to get it working nicely for your environment.

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
I have this working

Would it be possible to see your provision.xml file (URL and passwords redacted of course) and any other settings needed to get Zoiper provisioning working? I am interested in getting it working and then determining the best way to deploy the provision file.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Would it be possible to see your provision.xml file (URL and passwords redacted of course) and any other settings needed to get Zoiper provisioning working? I am interested in getting it working and then determining the best way to deploy the provision file.

I think I provisioned my zoiper softphones a little differently to you. I used the Zoiper FusionPBX app and in the devices section I would create a new device, assign a user to that device and then download the config.xml. I would email the end user the config.xml and they would put that into a specific folder and when the restarted zoiper it would provision as per the config.xml settings.

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
I think I provisioned my zoiper softphones a little differently to you. I used the Zoiper FusionPBX app and in the devices section I would create a new device, assign a user to that device and then download the config.xml. I would email the end user the config.xml and they would put that into a specific folder and when the restarted zoiper it would provision as per the config.xml settings.

Ah. I had not considered that option, but makes perfect sense. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.