Zopier Loosing registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
I have a couple of Zopier Softphones. Clients are running both Android and IOS. When clients first open up the soft phone they register and inbound calls are working. After a few minutes inbound calls start going to VM and when I look at the registration on FusionPBX the clients show up as not registered. I have told the clients to purchase the push notification zopier service. This is still happening with the premium version. I have attempted to change from UDP to TCP and same issue. I do however see this message on my test phone when I attempt to register.
"You are connecting to a server with a low re-registration time."
I have set the "SIP Force Expires" to 24 hours and the ping to true, but even that still does not work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, is there a solution or a workaround?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
The push notification service is the only reliable way, the OS puts apps to sleep to save battery life so keep-alives don't work well and neither do low registration times.

With a push service, it will be the push server that you see registered when the app is idle, not the app itself.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
Yes I am aware of this, But I dont see anyone registered users using the zopier phones. Phones registers correctly and then after a few min the registration from the push server drops and then all calls go to VM.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Sounds like it could be tricky to diagnose. I would start with a packet capture on your Fusion instance to see exactly what the push server is doing, it may be de-registering because it has lost all contact with the phone. Do Zoiper offer any push service logging?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have just checked my pbx and my Zoiper is registered from my Android, probably has been for a good year at least, I never have any problems with it whatsoever.

If you are saying it is the same with and without the push server, I would first try without the push server, it may not receive calls all the time but you may be able to see why it stops registering using sngrep.

Mine is also a very low reg time, ie 120 even using the push server because of the way I do my failover.

The Zoiper has been flawless, in fact I'll dial it now, just to double check.

It rang straight away :)

Persevere, you won't be disappointed.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Agree with DD, we ran Zoiper for years with no issues, without push server, however newer versions of Android, appear to change settings, like "Don't put app to sleep" if it thinks you haven't used the app for a while.

How it makes this decision, I have no idea, but my Android decided to remove permissions from my contacts DAVx connection saying I hadn't used it, when it is actually in use every day!

maurizio261

May 7, 2020
I had a similar situation with Zoiper, i've resolved it just double checking if Zoiper could run on background and if it's enabled to start automatically on phone boot directly on Android configuration menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.