After upgrade, email_queue.php gives "Email Queue is disabled in Default Settings"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsupp

New Member
Apr 1, 2022
4
0
1
Houston, TX
I've upgraded from FusionPBX 4.5 to 5.1.1. I followed the steps in https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/status/email_queue.html to enable the email queue. However, when running "php /var/www/fusionpbx/app/email_queue/resources/service/email_queue.php" from the CLI, I get the message "Email Queue is disabled in Default Settings". I've checked my default settings and verified against a FusionPBX installation that has email_queue working and they appear the same. When I ran the update I was sure to update the Schema and App Defaults, per the email_queue instructions. Email sending works fine otherwise, so my SMTP settings appear correct.

Code:
root@pbx:/var/www/fusionpbx# php /var/www/fusionpbx/app/email_queue/resources/service/email_queue.php
Email Queue is disabled in Default Settings

1694440424944.png
I've tried reloading XML, clearing cache and restarting FreeSWITCH but get the same message.

I see the code in email_queue.php that checks for this:

Code:
//email queue enabled
        if ($_SESSION['email_queue']['enabled']['boolean'] != 'true') {
                echo "Email Queue is disabled in Default Settings\n";
                exit;
        }

But I'm not really sure how the settings in the DB make it into PHP session variables, or why the email_queue.enabled wouldn't be populated with true.
 

whut

Member
Dec 23, 2022
191
18
18
Try changing the default settings value 'True' to 'true' - all lowercase, save, reload button at the top-right of the default settings page and try your command again.
 

whut

Member
Dec 23, 2022
191
18
18
No, that will not matter. Obviously something else. Run every update option - 1 at a time, 1 after another and try again.
 

Buzzard

New Member
Sep 3, 2018
10
0
1
Same problem here. I have run the updates one at a time. . . no help. the php still says setting is disabled. It seems this just happened after I updated the source code earlier today.
 

gsupp

New Member
Apr 1, 2022
4
0
1
Houston, TX
Try changing the default settings value 'True' to 'true' - all lowercase, save, reload button at the top-right of the default settings page and try your command again.
The same thought crossed my mind, but as a boolean data type, there's just a dropdown for the True or False value. I tried a default settings reload just in case, no effect.

Run every update option - 1 at a time, 1 after another and try again.
I went back and ran all the upgrade steps again one at a time, in order. Step 1, step 2, step 2b, step 3, step 4, then step 5. Each completed with a successful message. Installation is now updated to master branch 11df74853a52524fc13de66c65a8b46e479a8349. Logged out and back in.

Server is running Ubuntu 20.04 with PHP 7.4. Running email_queue.php again from the CLI gives the same message:
Code:
root@pbx:/var/www/fusionpbx# php /var/www/fusionpbx/app/email_queue/resources/service/email_queue.php
Email Queue is disabled in Default Settings
 

gsupp

New Member
Apr 1, 2022
4
0
1
Houston, TX
I realize this is a terrible kludge, but if you comment out the check for the email_queue session variable in email_queue.php, it will then start working as expected.

Lines 90-94:
PHP:
//email queue enabled
      if ($_SESSION['email_queue']['enabled']['boolean'] != 'true') {
                echo "Email Queue is disabled in Default Settings\n";
                exit;
        }

Become:
PHP:
//email queue enabled
/*      if ($_SESSION['email_queue']['enabled']['boolean'] != 'true') {
                echo "Email Queue is disabled in Default Settings\n";
                exit;
        }*/

This will at least get email notifications working.
 

Buzzard

New Member
Sep 3, 2018
10
0
1
Thanks Gsupp.

That might work with php7.4, but with 8.1, and with the section commented, I get a new error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: ksort(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given in /var/www/fusionpbx/app/email_queue/resources/jobs/email_send.php:288
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/fusionpbx/app/email_queue/resources/jobs/email_send.php(288): ksort()
#1 {main}
thrown in /var/www/fusionpbx/app/email_queue/resources/jobs/email_send.php on line 288
 

Buzzard

New Member
Sep 3, 2018
10
0
1
A Fresh install on Deibian 11 fixed the problem for me. I will make sure to have a recent backup before clicking on "upgrade" next time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.