Billing for FusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2016
inside-out.xyz
Since 2014, I have been developing this application. It's an in-app that integrates within the system.

It supports:
  • Pre/post billing
  • Multicurrency, for example, bill in CAD, pay in USD
  • Tax support
  • Static charges
  • Multiple pricing lists
  • PayPal support
  • Offline payment support (extra plugin)
  • Stripe payment support (extra plugin)
https://okay.com.mx/en/communication-solutions/billing-for-fusionpbx-with-freeswitch.html

Remember, to make money you have to put money. It is the natural law of life.

Do you want Billing for FusionPBX as Opensource?
https://www.gofundme.com/make-billing-4-fusionpbx-opensource

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
ASTPP works just fine, it doesn't bill until end of call though so there is prepaid fraud opportunity potentially.

fusionbie

Aug 25, 2017
Agreed with DigitalDaz, however we are using it for a while now along with WHMCS and it works.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
ASTPP works just fine, it doesn't bill until end of call though so there is prepaid fraud opportunity potentially.
Hi DigitalDaz, I currently have my boxes setup like this, ASTPP side by side with FusionPBX, how is the billing at the end of the call opening us up to prepaid fraud? How exactly and is there anything I can do on my side to negate this risk?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@CPav:

Lets assume the guy has 20 channels and $100 credit on.

If there is a hack and 20 channels are started simultaneously to a premium number each channel as it starts will be allocated $100 call duration.

You will end up with a balance of -$1900

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Is there any way to avoid this...I've already set max call limits to 1800s, so 30 minutes max call rate then the call is dropped. I have fail2ban working as well as can be, all extensions are secured with the fusionpbx password randomizer, what are the other "have to" precautions needed in place? I can't use ACL's as I need roaming mobile users...my fusionpbx only uses my ASTPP as my trunk gateway, so even though it's publicly nat'd, it can only dial my ASTPP where all accounts have a limit.

Is TLS beneficial as a hack deterrent or is this only good for safe-guarding calls? I'm expecting these two pbx's to begin catering for high user loads, I'm using G729 only, if TLS is needed will this drastically increase processor utilization and increase codec bloat by encapsulating? i.e. is it worth the trade-off if it brings much stronger security?

smn

Jul 18, 2017
So is it safe to say an ASTPP/WHMCS/FusionPBX combination is a workable solution without too much trouble? It needs to just work.

I can live with billing after the call ends. My SIP provider is prepay. So the max I could be defrauded is whatever my current balance with my SIP provider is. Calls will just stop working after that which is better than getting dinged for thousands of dollars.

fusionbie

Aug 25, 2017
So is it safe to say an ASTPP/WHMCS/FusionPBX combination is a workable solution without too much trouble? It needs to just work.

I can live with billing after the call ends. My SIP provider is prepay. So the max I could be defrauded is whatever my current balance with my SIP provider is. Calls will just stop working after that which is better than getting dinged for thousands of dollars.
That is exactly how we are using the combination.
The SIP provider is prepaid and we are not so worries.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
PYFREEBILLING//WHMCS/FusionPBX our provider is prepaid but the client is only getting his money not ours!

PYFREEBILLING does near realtime, I'm working at the moment with Ian Oakes on CGRates, That doe REAL prepaid, ie it debits the customers account in advance, every 10 seconds for 10 seconds worth of call then refunds them any remaining, that way there the customer can NEVER spend more than their balance.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
PYFREEBILLING//WHMCS/FusionPBX our provider is prepaid but the client is only getting his money not ours!

PYFREEBILLING does near realtime, I'm working at the moment with Ian Oakes on CGRates, That doe REAL prepaid, ie it debits the customers account in advance, every 10 seconds for 10 seconds worth of call then refunds them any remaining, that way there the customer can NEVER spend more than their balance.

Pyfreebilling looks interesting. However, I don't see a WHMCS module for it. CGRates gives me a headache everytime I look at that project. I'm sure it works well once you get it working. Maybe overkill for a lot of people. I like the fact that ASTPP is written in PHP and has a WHMCS module.

Last edited:

smn

Jul 18, 2017
How would I use something like ASTPP if I have a pair of FusionPBX servers with master-master replication?

My main concern is if ASTPP stops working for whatever reason. In that case pre-pay billing won't work . I am assuming that means that either the calls will continue without anything (other than CDRs) keeping track of billing or, calls are prevented from going through. Neither is an acceptable situation.

So as far as I can tell, each FusionPBX would need to have ASTPP installed and keeping track of billing, and those two ASTPP billing servers would need to be syncronized somehow. Because FusionPBX insists on using PostgreSQL and ASTPP insists on using MariaDB. That's more complication and more headaches.

Last edited:

smrdoshi

Dec 29, 2017
@smn

As per your requirement, I think it will be best to have 2 ASTPP running with 2 Fusionpbx. As you are concern about fusionpbx HA then you must concern about ASTPP as If that will goes down then your all outbound / inbound calls will be blocked.

Moreover, whether you use fusionpbx with PSQL or with MySQL, it is advisable to run both the systems separately because both have their own configurations impacting on same files. So It will override each other's configurations and at the end of the day, it will mess.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@smrdoshi Good to see you here :)

It would probably also be right for me to add that though it is not in the official ASTPP, someone has now made an addition that allows nibblebill to be used with it and so mitigate some of the issues of billing at the end of a call.

smrdoshi

Dec 29, 2017
@DigitalDaz :)

That's right. We got contribution for that feature and we added it into upcoming version 3.6 with experimental tag. Hope that will give us feedback on the usage and experience of it. So, based on that we can enhance/improve it in later on versions.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
I saw the nibble bill discussion on google groups. Would be a good enhancement when it's production ready.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
Maybe this is a stupid question but how are you guys integrating ASTPP with FusionPBX? I have both running on the same server but not talking to each other. If I use default FusionPBX install then ASTPP configs are basically ignored. Seems there are several people here using Fusion + ASTPP so perhaps you are all using some install instructions I have not found yet?

Or maybe I am confused and everyone is running ASTPP + Freeswitch on a separate server from FusionPBX?

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have billing on separate servers. Integrating would be relatively easy but pointless IMHO. If you are planning to saty very small then maybe but other than that you will outgrow a single server so you may as well start out with something scaleable.

Reactions: telemaco
Status
Not open for further replies.