Billing for FusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
I have billing on separate servers. Integrating would be relatively easy but pointless IMHO. If you are planning to saty very small then maybe but other than that you will outgrow a single server so you may as well start out with something scaleable.

Maybe I am looking at this wrong but I was thinking more as using FusionPBX GUI for configuring things like the vars.xml, default settings , etc. Not for using ASTPP billing just for calling the local FusionPBX server. I see comments from people mentioning they are running FusionPBX and ASTPP on the same server so I am trying to figure out how to do that. No comments anywhere how to integrate the two. Not looking for hand holding, just general idea what needs to be done.

Do I need to use the FusionPBX freeswitch/conf directory or the ASTPP freeswitch/conf directory? They are both quite different. Use differnet lua files, different SIP profiles etc. I copied all the lua files to the same location but there does not seem to be a way for both to be the default xml handler.

Last edited:

smrdoshi

Dec 29, 2017
Same here. Never heard about integration done by anyone.
In case if anyone has done it then I am sure they must be stuck in upgrading systems and facing challenges.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I misunderstood what some people are doing.

ppwicho

Apr 19, 2018
Mexico
Pyfreebilling looks interesting. However, I don't see a WHMCS module for it. CGRates gives me a headache everytime I look at that project. I'm sure it works well once you get it working. Maybe overkill for a lot of people. I like the fact that ASTPP is written in PHP and has a WHMCS module.

Evaluating PYFREEBILLING I was thinking "woow thats nice: Python, Postgress and Django" just everything that I love, but when I looked at CGRates totally makes feel like I was living in 2008 with ASTPP.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
CGRates demolishes them all both in performance and features.

One thing I really like about ASTPP is that I can tinker with the code. I have made several modifications for my own needs. It's actually pretty easy to trace through the logic and modify if you know a bit about PHP. Fusion is not bad either.

With CGRT, I can't do that and if the person maintaining that project gets hit by a bus I am SOL.

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
CGRates is a different thing, its the open source engine that used to sit behind CGRTBilling.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
CGRates is a different thing, its the open source engine that used to sit behind CGRTBilling.

I tried working with CGRates directly but it was too difficult. The documentation is not great and it's a very complicated product to begin with.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
It needs a custom fusionpbx running on Centos, i would avoid it like the plague. The guy was running bitcoin miners in your browser when visiting his webpages too, I don't know if he has stopped that now.

Reactions: telemaco and Newbee

babak

Dec 4, 2016
i built a basic nibble integration that you can upload rates and rate calls etc, very basic but still working on it when i get time, then likely will release the source code to you guys free

I am very interested to see your work.:)

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
If anyone interested and want to collaborate, please take a look at:

Thanks!

smn

Jul 18, 2017
It needs a custom fusionpbx running on Centos, i would avoid it like the plague. The guy was running bitcoin miners in your browser when visiting his webpages too, I don't know if he has stopped that now.
Which billing system are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.