BLF and the Agent Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Bit of a sanity check here, is the logic backwards for BLFs for the queues?

Say I have the 3 agents:

Agent NameAgent IDContact
adam20012001
beth20022002
chris20032003

I was experimenting with a queue toggle button on the phones, ideally with a BLF just to emulate what they had with an IP Office PBX and I found:

BLF --> agent+2001 = Button toggles queue, doesn't toggle lamp
BLF --> agent+adam = Button does nothing, lamp is changed when queue is joined.

The intention is also for a manager phone to log people in and out when they forget for lunch or something, so one phone will have all of the agents on.

I had a look at the app/agent_status/index.lua and the lamp is only told to toggle the name instead of the ID of the person, however all the logic is done based on the ID of the agent.

Am I missing something here? I've been experimenting changing the BLF logic to change based on the agent ID instead, but it's not gone well so far.

Also, from a personal standpoint, what do you think indicates in and out of the Queue? Currently Red means in queue, Green means logged out. Some people in passing have mentioned it looks weird that way around.

yois

Jul 14, 2020
I'm finding myself in your boat now.

I changed my agent names to match their agent id.

The problem I'm battling with is that the key stays RED when logging out from phone. In the Web UI it changes the light correctly, but from the phone I see the event firing with "terminated", but SNGREP shows FreeSWITCH sending confirmed.

Last edited:

yois

Jul 14, 2020
@hfoster - This commit solves your problem:
Use agent+adam, it will light BLF and work to log in/out.
You just need to modify your dialplan under *22 in the second section (for agent+) to use
Code:
<action application="set" data="agent_name=$1"/>
instead of agent_id

My problem is solved with this commit:
Credit goes to:
https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/agent-status-blf.549/page-2#post-11458

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Finally got around to updating to master, yup. All seems to work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.